A duck is walking more comfortably after a Tennessee veterinarian created a pair of custom orthopedic shoes from kitchen mats.
Dr. Matt Quillen said Jenny the Duck was brought into the Rocky Top Veterinary Hospital by her owner, John Dixon, when he noticed her legs were turned inward when she walked.
Quillen said Jenny was found to have condition known as “bumblefoot,” which is sometimes caused by walking on rough surfaces.
“She was having a lot of pressure on those feet and developed some really large sores,” Quillen told WCYB-TV.
Quillen said he used kitchen mats from a local hardware store to create a pair of custom orthopedic shoes for Jenny.
“I wear Crocs, those are my shoes of choice and they always aggravate me around here,” he said. “So I said, ‘I’m going to make Jenny like me and we will put her in some ‘Quacks.'”
The veterinary clinic shared video of Jenny walking in her new shoes.
“He definitely went above and beyond,” Dixon said of Quillen.
- ‘You’re yet to be confirmed’- Kyei Mensah-Bonsu tells Ato Forson in ‘clash’ over Assin North by-election
- Presidential staffer declares support for Alan Kyerematen
- We won’t withhold our approval of Chief Justice nominee – Minority backs Gertrude Torkornoo
- Midwife delivers baby in speeding commercial vehicle
- Nogokpo: ‘The energies of the land will act’ if Agyinasare defies 14-day ultimatum – Nogokpo spokesperson
- If you have God, you have everything, you lose God and lose everything –Justice Jones Dotse
- Assin North By-election: Who has the edge – An analysis
- EOCO declares 2 persons wanted for various crimes
- Work as a technocrat, don’t meddle in local politics – John Jinapor tells World Bank Country rep
- NSMQ 2023: 34 schools battle it out for Regional Qualifiers in Western Region
- EC member dragged to Supreme Court over alleged NPP affiliation
- Global growth to slow to 2.1% in 2023; prosepcts clouded by financial risks – World Bank
- Kenya to turn cult forest into a memorial site
- Rwanda genocide suspect unfit to stand trial, UN court rules
- Karim Benzema joins Saudi champions Al-Ittihad after Real Madrid exit
- Government sends proposal on debt restructuring to official creditors
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, June 7, 2023
- Kejetia traders call for implementation of fire recommendations by local government
- Gyakye Quayson shouldn’t have offered himself for election in the first place – Kwaku Paintsil
- Car washer, 20 jailed 18 months for unlawful entry and stealing
- Man, unemployed sentenced 6 years for stealing
- Assin North MP case: Supreme Court veered off the real issue before them – Ayariga
- EC’s arguments defective in logic and betray Commission’s appreciation of elementary English – NDC
- Kumawu roads construction: Residents unhappy with pace and quality of work
- NDC’s Kwesi Amankwaa was not a registered voter in Kumawu – EC reveals in rebuttal