The Duo Concept Foundation has embarked on visits to donate clothing items, food and toiletries to selected orphanages in Accra.
The operations manager of foundation spoke about the need for children in orphanages to get equal opportunities in Oder to prepare them for the future.
The children at the glorious life orphanage recounted their reasons for gratitude to God and their carers and expressed the hope that their future will be a lot brighter than their present situations.
One of the founding members of the Duo Concept Foundation, Panin Acheampong, speaking to the founding father of the Nungua orphanage, said the aim of the foundation is to ensure that children in less privileged positions are given the basic needs or necessities of life.
He spoke about children’s right to play and laughter and urged the political class to ensure that laws protecting children’s rights are strictly enforced.
The Otinnor Mantse who is also the founding father of the Nungua Orphanage lauded the efforts of the Duo Concept Foundation, making reference to the biblical quotation that givers never lack and that no amount of donation to a worthy cause is too small.
The Nungua orphanage has a total of ninety two children, some with physical and mental challenges. These children are taken care of single handedly by the orphanage with occasional help from donors and philanthropists.
The Duo Concept Foundation was set up in 2012 with the ultimate aim of ensuring that children’s rights are strictly enforced.
Engagements with policy makers and influencers by the foundation over the years, have resulted in academic scholarships and other donations to children in some orphanages in Accra.
The Foundation intends to embark on peer mentorship programmes for preteens in the orphanages.
- Korle-Bu doctor poisons colleague’s water with HIV blood
- NSMQ 2021: 3-man Sandema SHTS team without supporters, books place in final U/E qualifiers
- #FixTheCountry: Convenors of protest disappointed in Supreme Court over hearing scheduled for June
- EC must review processes leading to 2020 election results collation – Akoto Ampaw
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
- Prince Misizulu named next Zulu king amid family feud
- 20 arrested in Atewa forest aren’t national security operatives – Oppong Nkrumah
- Ghana loses $200m to untapped online forex trading market
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
May 9 stadium disaster: Persons With Disabilities join in 20th anniversary celebration
#FixTheCountry: Injunction obtained by police was in order – Attorney General
Asantehene marks 71st birthday with May 9 remembrance
Some of the taxes imposed on citizens are a nuisance – Kofi Bentil
Pastor Allen Caiquo releases ‘Finally’ ahead of ‘Priest & King’ EP
#FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
Blaq Jerzee recruits Marioo, Eddy Kenzo on ’Sokoma’ track
13 types of guys who stay single and don’t ever find lasting love
Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
Neymar signs new Paris St-Germain contract
National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Baker-Vormawor alleges
Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
Doubts over venue for Champions League final between Chelsea and Man City as Turkey added to red list
Covid-19: GHS Director of Health Promotion advises against #FixTheCountry demonstration