The Principal Consultant of Cyber Security firm, E-Crime Bureau, Albert Antwi Boasiako has been appointed Cyber Security Advisor to the Communications Ministry.
He is to support the ministry implement the National Cyber Security Policy and Strategy (NCSPS) by building a comprehensive cyber security management architecture that coordinates cybersecurity services whilst advising government with a point of contact for cyber security incidents.
This is part of moves to protect the country’s cyberspace especially in the wake of the recent global Cyber-attacks. Mr Antwi-Boasiako is expected to assist the Ministry to implement the policies and programmes to address Ghana's cyber security challenges.
Mr Antwi-Boasiako is a Cyber Security Expert with the Interpol Global Cybercrime Expert Group (IGCEG) and involved in cyber security and forensics in Accra, Ghana.
He is currently an Expert with the Council of Europe's Global Action on Cybercrime Extended (GLACY+) Project.
He worked with Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) Market of DFLabs, a global cyber security firm based in Milan, Italy and presently, a PhD Research Fellow with the University of Pretoria in South Africa.
Apart from pioneering private-sector led cyber security and digital forensics best practices and initiatives in Ghana and the sub-region, he has also provided consulting services to a number of government institutions such as Economic & Organized Crime Office, Financial Intelligence Centre, Criminal Investigation Department, National Security.
Mr Antwi-Boasiako has also conducted cyber security related consulting and research for a number of international and local organisations including the United Nations Office on Drugs & Crime (UNODC), United Nations Conference on Trade & Development (UNCTAD), Commonwealth Cybercrime Initiative (CCI) of the Commonwealth Secretariat, Global Commission on Internet Governance (GCIG)/Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House) and the Inter-Governmental Action Group against Money Laundering in West Africa (GIABA) and the Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA) among others.
He is currently a Visiting Lecturer Cybercrimes, Cyberterrorism & Cyber Security, Kofi Anan International Peacekeeping Training Centre (KAIPTC), Accra, Ghana and an Adjunct Lecturer – Cybercrime, Cyberterrorism & Digital Forensics, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana.
He is also a Research Associate, African Centre for Cyberlaw & Cybercrime Prevention (ACCP), Kampala, Uganda and a Faculty Member, Ghana Police Command & Staff College (GPCSC), Winneba, Ghana.
Mr Antwi-Boasiako has a number of publications covering information technology, cybercrimes, data protection, digital forensics and cyber security to his credit.
Also, he has delivered presentations and papers at major local, regional and international conferences and workshops.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- “We’re building a thriving tourism economy in Ghana” – Akufo-Addo
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- ECG conducting a system audit after technical challenge – General Manager
- SSNIT, other companies shut down Bawku office over security concerns
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I’m being pressured to join Hearts of Oak – Annor Walker
- Mahama’s administration completed 46 E-blocks, not 29 – NDC
- Indonesia: Fans ‘died in the arms’ of players in stadium crush
- Ghana re-elected to ITU Council
- There is a deliberate unwillingness to fight galamsey – Kwesi Aning
- Social media reacts to death of Ekow Blankson
- Patapaa has a talent of making hit songs; he is unique – Flowking Stone
- Block all revenue leakages – Finance Ministry to NLA
- Pete Edochie and wife celebrate 53rd marriage anniversary
- Brazil’s Lula and Bolsonaro face run-off after surprisingly tight result￼
- Vodafone Ghana to reward customers in 2022 Care Month Celebration
- Nigeria beat hosts Ghana to win MEA Rugby League Championship
- Vodafone partners with Onix to provide world-class data centre services to businesses
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten