The head coach of Egypt national team Bob Bradley has apologised to the Egyptian fans after he failed to qualify the Pharoahs to next year's FIFA World Cup.
Ghana Black Stars have booked their place at next year's FIFA World Cup in Brazil after a 7-3 aggregate scoreline against the Pharaohs of Egypt, despite the hosts putting up a more spirited display than the opening leg, winning 2-1 on the night.
Amr Zaki and Gedo secured the victory on home soil, where their first-half display gave occasional hints that something special could be in store, but Kevin-Prince Boateng's late strike sent Ghana to Brazil on the back of a comfortable triumph over two legs.
Bradley told Egyptian fans after the match: "First I am sorry for all the Egyptian fans. I came here for the World Cup but we could not qualify and I am sad because I wanted to make the fans happy especially with the problems here," Bradley said after that match.
" In the World Cup qualifiers we played 8 matches and we won 7 and lost only one but that's not enough to go to Brazil. We did our best but the first match made it very hard for us".
"The players have shown all of Africa that they are good players and played their best in this game and for that I am proud of them.
"Now it's time to say goodbye to the fans and my players and Egypt as my contract expired tonight since I failed to qualify for the World Cup," Bradley ended.
- Akuapem Poloo granted ¢80k bail
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- Murder suspect claims he mistook aeronautical engineer for a pig at Akyem Asuboa
- Akufo-Addo announces nominees for deputy ministerial positions, elevates Charles Adu-Boahen
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report
- Certify your Covid-19 Corruption Risk Assessment or we will use it as toilet paper – Ursula Owusu-Ekuful to CDA
- Kotoko to pay Maxwell Konadu $41,000 for breach of contract
- Ed Woodward resigns from Manchester United role
‘We won’t accept such stories’ – Family of murdered aeronautical engineer reacts to suspects account
Aeronautic engineer was shot 12 times in the neck and chest; Family rejects account of 3 suspects
International Labour Organisation organizes workshop on how to raise funds for SMEs
George Floyd murder: Joe Biden says Derek Chauvin guilty verdict can be ‘moment of significant change’
Suspect who slit throat of girlfriend in Ho remanded in police custody
Eric Bonsu Agyabeng: Carnage on our roads – Tripod Beta perspective
Jerry Avornyotse: Traces of dictatorship creeping back to our democracy
George Floyd murder: Minneapolis police to face US federal probe
Police arrest 40 suspected criminals at Kasoa in Wednesday morning swoop
Build more gyms away from Accra – Bukom Banku to government
There is no scheme against Techiman City FC – Samuel Anim Addo
I will bridge communication gap between Finance Ministry and the public – John Kumah
Mark Okraku Mantey appointed Deputy Minister-designate for Tourism, Arts and Culture
Idriss Deby’s son named ‘president of the republic’
Teenager who filmed George Floyd’s death, posts emotional message following verdict