Olympic champion Elaine Thompson-Herah ran the second-fastest women’s 100m of all time at the Eugene Diamond League.
The Jamaican, who retained her 100m-200m title double in Tokyo, clocked a new world lead of 10.54 seconds.
Only American Florence Griffith-Joyner has run faster when she set her world record of 10.49 secs in 1988.
Britain’s Dina Asher-Smith finished third in the 200m as she continues her return from the hamstring injury that blighted her Olympic campaign.
The race was won by Switzerland’s Mujinga Kambundji, with American Gabrielle Thomas finishing 0.08 secs ahead of world champion Asher-Smith.
In the 100m, Thompson-Herah’s Jamaican compatriots Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce and Shericka Jackson were second and third respectively in a repeat of the Tokyo podium.
American Sha’Carri Richardson, who missed the Olympics because of a one-month suspension after testing positive for marijuana, finished last.
“It was a great return back to the sport,” the 21-year-old said. “I wanted to be able to come and perform. Having the month off, dealing with all I had to deal with, I’m not upset with myself at all.
“This is one race, I’m not done. You know what I’m capable of. Count me out if you want to, because I’m here to stay.”
Earlier this season, Fraser-Pryce ran 10.63 secs to become the second-fastest woman in history behind Griffith-Joyner, only to see her time usurped by 29-year-old Thompson-Herah with 10.61 secs as she retained her Olympic title in Tokyo.
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara
- 1972 year group of Opoku Ware School refurbishes assembly hall
- Support Kirani Ayat amid copyright infringement allegations against GTA – Trigmatic tells creatives
- Hosts Ghana clash with Nigeria in MEA Rugby League Championship final
- BoG must review policy rate increases; economy not responding –Alhassan Andani
- There is no blueprint and formula for identifying football talents in Ghana – Faisal Chibsah
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- Thomas Partey included in Arsenal squad to face Tottenham Hotspur
- Woman kills former landlord with hammer, steals $40k through forged checks