Farmers registered under the Planting for Food and Jobs (PFJs) have been called to form associations or groups to enable them to access credit facilities to expand their farming activities.
Mr Gilbert Sonkpi, the Sunyani West District Director of Agriculture, said farming is a lucrative business and the PFJs’s secretariat at district levels are ready to assist beneficiaries who form groups or association to access loans from banks.
In an interview with the GNA, Mr Sonkpi said it is untrue that farming is a reserve for the poor in society, saying the implementation of the PFJs had opened opportunities for farmers to do commercial farming as a business entity.
He said the PFJs’s secretariat can guarantee collateral security to pave the way for interested farmers registered under the PFJs to access financial support.
Mr Sonkpi said the government has made available enough seeds, farm inputs, agro-chemicals for farmers to buy at subsidised costs adding that the inputs could be supplied to farmers who come together on credit as well.
The District Director of Agriculture advised farmers who have not registered with the PFJs to do so to access seedlings for planting and called on traditional authorities to release lands to interested youth to engage in farming.
- I feel victimised; what wrong have I done in this country? – Prof. Frimpong-Boateng
- #KenMustGo: Entire caucus would’ve to take a decision on Finance Minister – Majority Leader
- Nigerian states cut working week to three days
- Our mission was successful until big-people-sponsored-companies started doing whatever they want – Prof. Frimpong on IMCIM
- Assin North by-election: NPP elects Charles Opoku as parliamentary candidate
- Arrest of Prof Frimpong-Boateng disrespectful, tone down – Prof Gyampo cautions Special Prosecutor
- If I were a thief, I would’ve been one of the richest Ghanaians – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- I did my job; I tried to make Ghana a better place – Prof Frimpong-Boateng
- Woman dies after eating poisoned chocolates sent by her ex-boyfriend’s jealous lover
- Playback: Prof Frimpong-Boateng speaks about his arrest by Special Prosecutor
- Tupac Shakur receives posthumous Hollywood Walk of Fame star
- School Feeding Programme: GH¢1.20 per child can’t provide nutritious meals – Public health expert
- Charles Bissue asks court to stop OSP from investigating him again
- We need clarification – Bagbin calls for Gyakye Quayson’s name to be retained in Parliament’s records
- I bought a new camera to shoot ‘Awieye Pa’ video – Empress Gifty
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Black Meteors to depart Ghana on Monday for camping in Egypt
- Stop attacking us when you have no grounds – EC cautions NDC
- World Oceans Day: Ghana’s Fisheries Alliance platform calls for promotion of environmental and ecological sustainability use of ocean resources
- Greater Accra Regional Minister supports fire victims at Circle
- $164m loan to GNPC for JOHL acquisition without parliamentary approval unlawful – Report
- Inter Miami become Instagram most followed MLS club after Lionel Messi signing
- Gold for Oil: We have had no negative impact – GOIL Boss
- Ghana Premier League delegates to be reduced
- World Oceans Day: Government emphasizes the necessity of strengthening strategic alliances for improved ocean health
- Frimpong-Boateng’s arrest by OSP was lawful – Joseph Kpemka