The Fisheries Ministry and Fisheries Commission are cautioning fishers to adhere to any weather warning issued by the Ghana Meteorological Agency.
The Ministry says this has become necessary due to the extent to which tidal waves and rising sea levels continue to destroy the properties of fishers at sea and on the shore.
Fishers and residents along Ghana’s coastal districts have been inundated with the ravages of tidal waves in recent times.
The properties of the fishers, including the homes, canoes, and other effects, have been badly hit by the devastation.
In a statement signed by the Executive Director of the Fisheries Commission, Michael Arthur Dadzie, he explained, “Fishers are therefore advised to observe and monitor the sea before going on a fishing expedition. She cautioned, “All canoes at the shore should be pulled to safer places.”
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Photos: Actor ‘Waakye’, laid to rest
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- ECG system challenges an internal attack, initiate investigations – Sam George to government
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- ECG conducting a system audit after technical challenge – General Manager
- Adwoa Smart cries at Prince Yawson’s funeral
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Chiefs, DCEs, others to blame for worsening galamsey situation – Lands Minister
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Nana Ampadu to be buried on October 8
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- Uganda needs GridCo’s expertise in reliable power transmission – UETCL
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- What sounds are hot with Ghanaian Gen Zs right now?
- SSNIT launches Mobile Service Week at Ho
- Anny Osabutey: BHM Construction and Ningo-Prampram’s monstrous traffic
- Erik Ten Hag explains why he left Ronaldo on the bench in derby defeat
- Injured Baba Rahman to return before Ghana – Switzerland pre-World Cup friendly
- 100 Ukraine student returnees placed in medical schools in Ghana – Dr Nsiah Asare
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- Patricia Obo-Nai Wins Best CEO of the Year at Africa Telecom Innovations and Excellence Awards
- Kim Kardashian charged over crypto ‘pump and dump’ case
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I’m being pressured to join Hearts of Oak – Annor Walker