Audio By Carbonatix
The Ghana Football Association has demoted four Division One clubs to Division Three for fixing their final qualifying games to the Premiership.
Additionally, Nania FC, Mighty Jets, Great Mariners and Okwahu United are to pay 50 million cedis each as fines while their officials, including soccer maestro Abedi Ayew Pele are banned from going into any football dressing room and/or sitting on any substitutes bench of any football team for any match organized or sanctioned by the GF A for a period of one year with effect from the end of the current football season.
The FA’s decision was announced on Wednesday afternoon after its hearings and investigations into the shameful games last month that saw the final qualifying games of the National Middle League record cricket scores.
Nania beat Okwahu 31:0 at Sekondi while Great Mariners also walloped Mighty Jets by 28:0 at Cape Coast on March 28 during the final round of matches for qualification into the Premier Division.
The results immediately raised eyebrows and the FA set up a committee to investigate the suspicious games.
•
The committee declared results of the two matches null and void and said they should be expunged from the records of the FA.
The teams are also to forfeit the matches and three points shall be deducted from their accumulated point build up.
Apart from the bans imposed on the officials of the clubs, all players featured in the shameful games, minus unused players and substituted players are also banned for one year from playing any match organized or sanctioned by the GFA.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
President Mahama commissions B5 Plus Steel Ball Mill and Manufacturing Plant to ignite industrial revolution
46 minutes -
This Saturday on Prime Insight: CJ’s ‘No Prima Facie’ ruling and Burkina Faso bloodshed
3 hours -
Trump says he is considering limited military strike on Iran
4 hours -
Strategic voices of the opposition: Miracles Aboagye’s field advocacy and Akosua Manu’s communication shape NPP’s path forward?
4 hours -
Trump plans new 10% tariff as Supreme Court rejects his global import taxes
5 hours -
Ghana can supply steel to entire West Africa if domestic steel industry thrives – Mahama
5 hours -
Gyakie appreciates media houses for continued support
6 hours -
Imprisonment isn’t hopelessness – Ahafo GTA Regional Director tells inmates
6 hours -
GH¢150m allocated for Black Stars’ 2026 World Cup preparations — Ernest Norgbey
7 hours -
Strong food policies will protect the Ghanaian consumer against Non-Communicable Diseases – Groups
7 hours -
JORVAGO marks 15 years in music with new single
7 hours -
The Republic of Uncompleted Dreams…
8 hours -
Gov’t will not bow to pressure to restore old cocoa producer prices – Mahama Ayariga
8 hours -
Ghana Medical Trust Fund saves ICT tutor’s life
8 hours -
Family of rescued baby demands justice as Odododiodio MP urges stronger security measures
8 hours
