For anyone who has imagined how the cinematic feel of his latest album ‘Nyame Mma‘ would look like, Saturday night was it.
Rarely do enthusiasts experience a display of indigenously well-knitted culture on display in recent times.
The Nyame Mma album, since its release in 2021, has been described by critics as one of the most authentic bodies of work so far.
On November 26, Pure Akan demonstrated the depth of the critically acclaimed project in its raw and visual form.
Aside from the music, it was an all-around art interspersed with plays and spoken word performances.
The rich nature of the display by Kwa Appiah, as he is affectionately called, cannot be overemphasised.
Traditional values and historical lessons were shared in varied ways of art.
He also assembled collaborators and colleagues who also thrilled the fans with good music.
Some of the supporting acts were Efya, Worlasi, King Ayisoba, Sekyerewaa, Ayisi, Deydzi among others.
The ambiance was eclectic and the Senku Live band did not disappoint.
The attendees were on their feet for the most part of the night singing and dancing.
There was also merchandise being sold alongside where patrons collected some Nyame Mma paraphernalia.
By the end of the show, patrons left the venue with the feeling of a night well spent.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- It will be stinking hypocrisy for police to serve justice by criminalising free speech – Opare Addo
- Ghana’s oil profile under Akufo-Addo unprecedented – Energy Ministry tells Mahama
- LeBron James is NBA all-time scorer
- Shadrach Arloo: Pathologist labels asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds