HN Sarpei Foundation partnered with the 2022 edition of the Peace and Unity walk by the youth group, Team Academy in Ga Mashie, Accra.
The second edition of the annual walk was hosted to unite residents of the communities for the common good.
It was also aimed at championing peaceful co-existence and raising awareness on community development.
The event was held on Boxing Day, Monday, December 26, 2022, under the theme, ‘Harnessing the power of youth voices in creating a better future’.
It brought together hundreds of people as they marched through the Ga Mashie areas from the Ussher Fort in Bukom, through to Korle Gonna, Korle Bu, Mamprobi, Chorkor, James Town and its environs with the Bukom Park marking the final converging point for a community gathering.
This was a local way to imbibe the spirit of youth and community cohesion and underscore the need for residents to be agents of change despite their differences.
The indigenes were admonished to shun divisive acts that retard the socio-economic transformation in the communities and rather bear in mind, the importance of living in harmony.
HN Sarpei Foundation joined in the walk as part of its broad aim of putting the core values of youth and community engagement into action in the underserved communities it prioritizes.
HN Sarpei Foundation is founded by Ghanaian professional midfielder, Hans Nunoo Sarpei.
Hans, who plays for FC Ingolstadt in Germany is much committed to giving back to the community he was raised.
“This is not only to have fun but as the saying goes, unity is strength. HN Sarpei Foundation will be collaborating with Team Academy, the organizers to promote peace and togetherness to ensure that our local communities develop. We are happy to be supporting this annual cause going forward,” Mr Sarpei emphasized.
The peace and unity walk attracted traditional and political leaders and a host of other dignitaries.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Diana Hamilton settles bills of patients at KATH
- 3 die in motorbike accident at Yaw Bronya, Ashanti Region
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Playback: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand