Rapper and singer Edem says he has the confidence to write songs in the Ewe language because his craft and abilities are naturally endowed.
Unlike other musicians, he noted that all his songs come with originality and aura that make them stand out.
In an interview on Prime Morning, he said his God-given gift makes him different, a reason he can express himself artistically well through the language by staying original.
“I think that people look at the language, but they have to look at the gift because it is the gift that is being delivered through the language, and so it is the gift that makes it look easy. If it were easy, we’d have had multiple artistes sing in any language and be able to cross over.
“I think also it’s partly because I carry a lot of originality and a lot of thought when I create because I also know that it’s a minority language, and you have to be particular to be able to carry it across, and I think it has worked repeatedly,” he said on Monday.
Denning Edem Hotor encouraged his fellow musicians to employ the services of people around them to ensure they also grow in what they do.
According to him, “anything we do should be connected to every one of us as a people.”
“Our people should shoot our videos; our designers should be the people to style us so that the more we grow, you just don’t grow as an artiste, but you grow with other people who also have other forms of talent.”
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- List of key bondholders resisting Ken Ofori-Atta’s Domestic Debt Exchange
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Exclusive: IMF and Ghana expected to reach staff-level agreement by Tuesday – Sources
- Debt Exchange: Policy will collapse insurance industry – Seth Aklatsi
- Trevor Noah bids ‘The Daily Show’ goodbye after 7 years
- Channel energy to vocational and technical education – KSTU alumni tells government
- Price of chicken now ¢70 – Poultry farmers
- 2022 World Cup: Brazil crash out on penalties as Croatia advance to semis
- Lands Minister reopens Accra Zoo to public
- You are causing ministers to create kingdoms in their ministries – Mahama tells Akufo-Addo
- Mahama lectures Academic City University College students on leadership
- GreenFaith launches a multi-faith, multi-stakeholder campaign to keep fossil fuels in the ground in Ghana
- ‘Reduce number of judges at Supreme Court’
- Our memories we shared will never fade – Okomfo Kolege to late wife
- PURC Ghana ranked 4th in Africa Electricity Regulatory Index (ERI) 2022
- Ofori-Atta has exposed himself to public ridicule – Editor of ABC News
- Failed censure motion missed chance to see Akufo-Addo’s true allegiance – Bobby Banson
- 10 signs you’re definitely not over your ex
- Mahama urges private sector to support government in these trying times