Singer Enam has recounted how she was humiliated in a church.
The Afro-spiritual musician, also a traditionalist, said her decision to try Christianity did not go as planned.
In an interview on Adom TV’s Ahosepe Xtra, Enam, who had gone to church in blonde faux locks decorated with cowries and trousers, said she got more than she bargained for.
She recounted how the pastor invited her to the pulpit and led an exorcism to cast out the demons in her.
“I responded by telling him even if I had a problem, he isn’t the one I should be sharing it with, but the God he serves. At the point, the pastor vexed,” she said.
Enam added that the angry pastor chided her before being ordered out of the auditorium.
The singer said she was disappointed because she tried as much as possible to follow the church’s rules.
She said that even though she wore trousers, she got a cloth to wrap around her as per church rules.
However, the singer added that she still holds on to her principle that whatever problem she has was with God, she didn’t have to confide in the pastor in front of the congregation.
- University of Ghana wins $165 million judgement debt case
- 3 students of Opoku Ware School arrested for alleged robbery
- Cedi tagged worst performing currency worldwide by Bloomberg after Sri Lanka’s Rupee
- Chiefs perform rituals for father who slept with his 3 daughters in Assin South
- How man allegedly killed wife following argument after sex at Awutu Mankomeda
- GRA queries Customs Staff Association Secretary for participating in JoyNews discussion ‘without approval’
- Don’t implement new Customs law – Vehicle dealers urge government
- Pastor cries on TV for forgiveness from best friend he accused of sleeping with his wife
- Adwoa Safo has gone back to the US – Aide
- Ghanaian musician stripped off pants by military men
Customs Staff Association Secretary responds to query; denies any wrong doing
Veteran journalist Harruna Atta loses wife
Cooperate with ECG, security agencies for electricity to be restored to you – National Security Ministry to Kroboland
Full Text: Monetary Policy Committee of BOG hikes benchmark rate to 22%
Alan condemns Hopeson Adorye’s comments at ‘Aduro Wo So Health Walk’, calls for unity
BoG increases policy rate to 22%; cost of borrowing to shoot up significantly
AWLA strengthens capacity of stakeholders on the fight against sexual and gender-based violence in Kintampo
Ghana at 65: Christians to assess performance of government since independence
Chief of Staff sues Larry Dogbe, wants ₵20m paid for defamation
Dr. Nduom remembers GN Bank 3 years after revocation of licence
Nollywood actor Moses Armstrong denies rape allegation
Police in Ashanti Region rescue woman kidnapped by armed robbers at Abuakwa-Asenemaso
Unique national ID has helped to fish out ‘ghost’ workers – Dr Bawumia
Ghanaian musician stripped off pants by military men
Commissioner-General of GRA was aware of exemption granted Labianca – Executive Secretary of IEAG