Upper West Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party, S.B. Kangbere says he is seeking a second term because he was unable to fulfill all his promises in the last four years.
According to him, the last four years were a learning process.
The 74-year-old retired Saudia Arabia University English lecturer won the Upper West Regional Chairmanship of the NPP four years ago with a plethora of promises.
He said that given another opportunity as chair of the party, he will be able to achieve more than he did in the past four years.
“Promises were made but unfortunately we could not carry out all those promises. Remember when I was coming, I said I was going to stop this cheating in the school feeding programme unfortunately I have not been able to stop that. I thought that maybe one year or two years would have done it. Unfortunately, I needed all four years to learn.
“Now it is time to do the work and I am hoping that with the next set of four years I would probably be able to achieve more than I did previously,” he stated.
S.B. Kangbere is being challenged by businessman Alhaji Toyiba Mahama who is contesting for the party’s Regional Chair for the third time.
Alhaji Toyina Mahama said the party’s morale in the Upper West Region has dwindled and it will take a chairman of his caliber to galvanize support in the Region.
“The party’s breathe has gone down to the extent that people say the party is dying in the Region. So the party needs a young vibrant person like Alhaji Toyiba Mahama to cushion the party up in terms of party activities and party organisation. If you come to Upper West, you would say the only party here is the NDC and this has to do with the leadership of the party. My message is they should also try me, I will deliver what I have,” he noted.
The New Patriotic Party will conduct its regional elections from May 27 to May 29, 2022.
Joy News’ Upper West Regional correspondent, Rafiq Salam has revealed that there are 35 aspirants gunning for the 10 regional executive positions in the region.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
AGI CEO worried over scarcity of market-ready graduates
Livestream: The Law discusses justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave club this summer
Rafael Nadal apologises after Wimbledon third-round win ends on testy note