A Nigerian musician, Naira Marley, has expressed interest in signing rising singer Lasmid to his record label.
In an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz, the singer mentioned that he is impressed with how the new crop of Ghanaian musicians are making head way with their music.
“There are a lot of new Ghanaian artistes coming up that are serious and there are some of them I am trying to sign. I think they are already signed but I would really like to sign some of them,” Naira Marley said.
The ‘Soapy’ hit maker went ahead to shower praises on 2019 MTN Hit maker winner Lasmid. The young musician is currently making strides with his latest single titled ‘Friday Night’.
Naira Marley told Andy Dosty that he really enjoys Lasmid’s music and would like to have him on his Marlians record label, alongside Zinoleesky and Mohbad.
His high interest was evident in his words, “I am looking at a couple of young artistes I can sign. Lasmid is hard. The kid is really good.”
Lasmid became a favorite of many when he appeared on Ghana’s biggest music reality show, MTN Hitmaker, and emerged the ultimate winner. He is currently with the likes of the ‘Dwe’ hit makers, Mr. Drew and Krymi who are all signed acts on the Highly Spiritual record label which is fast gaining popularity day by day.
Naira Marley is currently in Ghana promoting his new album “God’s Timing is the Best (GTTB)”; which happens to be his debut album.
The new album features 14 songs, including Coming, First Time in America, Kojosese, and O’dun, which were previously released. Mayorkun, Lil Kesh, Jada Kingdom, Busiswa, Diquenza, Chivv, and, of course, his proteges Zinoleesky and Mohbad appear on the album.
- Is IMANI now dictating to us how to run a country? – Gabby Otchere-Darko fumes
- SOEs who fail to present audited financial accounts to be sanctioned – Bawumia
- Ghanaians will soon praise us for going to IMF – Dr Afriyie Akoto
- As it happened: Kotoko dominates as Djiku wins Player of the Year award at Ghana Football Awards
- Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
- Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
- Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
- 2022 Ghana Football Awards: Sadio Mane wins Best African International
- Food is expensive but there can never be food shortage – Agric Minister
- Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
AGI CEO worried over scarcity of market-ready graduates
Livestream: The Law discusses justice delivery speediness
Throw out Deloitte’s factually deficient claims – Dram Oil to High Court
‘Mahama stuck by Seth Terkper’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko defends Ofori-Atta amid resignation calls
2022 Ghana Football Awards: Full list of winners
Some have made it their life mission to frustrate me – Barker-Vormawor
Some Hajj pilgrims demand refund after being left stranded for hours
IMF bailout will take pressure off Akufo-Addo to focus on positive things – Gabby Otchere-Darko
Photos: Akufo-Addo, Mahama and others mourn wife of late General Akuffo, Emily Akuffo
Amanda Ofori is out with a new single titled ‘Abba’
Adele: Emotion and simplicity are enough at comeback Hyde Park gig
Ghana will be ungovernable if any IMF conditionality freezes wage increment – Prof Gyampo
Samson’s Take: This will collapse a government in a serious country II
Manchester United: Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave club this summer
Rafael Nadal apologises after Wimbledon third-round win ends on testy note