Samson Deen has received a congratulatory message from the president of the International Paralympic Committee (IPC), following his election as African Paralympic Committee president.
Deen was elected as president of the APC during the General Assembly in Rabat, Morocco, last month after the voting.
The Ghanaian will take over from Leonel Da Rocha Pinto after the handing over ceremony, and has received a message from the IPC president Andrew Parsons, congratulating him for his victory.
A portion of the letter addressed to Samson Deen on Tuesday, November 9 read:
“May I once again congratulate you on your election as President of the African Paralympic Committee in Rabat last weekend. I was delighted I was able to attend, participate and witness the General Assembly.
“What this marks is truly a moment where we look to a new era in history of the African Paralympic Committee and indeed, Para sport across all of Africa. I have no doubt that you have the vision and skills to lead the African Paralympic Movement into this new era and beyond.”
Parsons also says he looks forward to being attending the handing over ceremony to officially welcome Samson Deen into office as the new president of the African Paralympic Committee.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’