A General Secretary aspirant of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), says under no circumstances should the interest of a political party be projected that of the nation.
Speaking in an interview on Asempa FM’s Ekosiisen on Wednesday, Fifi Kwetey said is it wicked to place a political party’s interests above the nation.
“Unfortunately, what is happening in our politics today is becoming a situation where people are placing the party above the nation and that is dangerous and wicked. It is wicked to the children, generation to come,” he said.
“..Somehow the politicking that is going on in the country now, we are reaching a level where people think to be a party man, you must not be a patriot, meaning there should be a conflict between the interest of the party and what is good for the country. I totally disagree and I vehemently disagree, I will absolutely disagree with anyone who thinks that way whether NPP or NDC,” he added.
According to him, citizens with such mindsets are dangerous to the country’s well-being.
This he explained is because “political parties are supposed to be the vehicles for the well-being of the nation and not the other way round.”
As a result, the former Transport Minister and NDC Propaganda Secretary stated that if a political party cannot be a force for the development of the country, it should cease operations in the country.
- Ofori-Atta has learnt a bitter lesson – Bagbin on calls for Minister’s head
- How to let go of a married man, even if you still love him
- Ghana’s Cardinal Richard Baawobr dies in Rome at 63
- Ghana v South Korea: ‘Hunger’ amongst players making it difficult for me to make decisions – Otto Addo
- Norway Appeal Court dismisses appeal against Ghana in Oslo chancery building case
- Otto Addo picks Germany as favourite to win World Cup
- We have enough gold to exchange for oil – Deputy Energy Minister
- Playback: The Probe discuss Ghana’s gold-for-oil barter
- 2022 World Cup: ‘Black Stars still have a big chance of making last 16’ – Otto Addo
- My ex got married and I’m single and completely heartbroken
- Multimedia’s HR Manager Raymond Larbie bags LLB
- Social media reacts to Black Stars line-up against South Korea
- Qatar 2022: Mixed reactions from football lovers as Ghana clash with South Korea
- ADB appoints Yakubu-Tali as new MD
- Mahama, Asiedu Nketia, other NDC gurus mourn with Ofosu-Ampofo
- 2022 World Cup: Jordan, Gideon Mensah start as Otto Addo makes three changes for South Korea clash
- Policy rate hits 27%; loans to become more expensive
- Absa Bank adjudged Best Company in STEM Education
- 4 dead in Somalia hotel siege
- Interior Ministry declares Friday as a public holiday
- Government records oversubscription of T-bills sale for second week running
- UBA Ghana equips SMEs to maximise business growth
- UPSA Law School Diplomatic Dialogue Series comes off on Nov. 30
- Africa needs new strategic framework for industrialisation – Alan Kyerematen
- Ghanaian plastic surgeon awarded US President’s Volunteer Service Award