A flagbearer aspirant of the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwasi Addai-Nimoh, has defended his loyalty to the party.
Addressing a gathering of party faithful and supporters during the launch of his flagbearership campaign on Wednesday, the former lawmaker said he was very instrumental in Akufo-Addo’s bid to become president.
According to him, he was part of the entourage that toured the length and breadth of the country when the NPP was seeking power ahead of the 2016 general elections.
He, however, noted that despite his contributions to the party, the President sidelined him during his appointments. This Mr Addai-Nimoh noted, has not affected his loyalty to the party, as he seeks to become its next flagbearer.
“I campaigned together with our sitting president day and night in 2016 and that was my joy. And the joy was that the NPP secured power in 2016 with the efforts of all of us.
“Although I was somewhat sidelined in the appointment of the current NPP led government of Akufo-Addo, I have remained loyal to our party’s core cause to which I have been dedicated since its inception”, he said.
Mr Addai-Nimoh continued, “So whether in public office or no appointment in public office, the NPP is for all of us to serve”.
Making a case as to why he is the best option for the NPP, he also touted his years of devotion to the party and his experience in both the public and private sectors of Ghana’s development.
He added that unlike some of his colleague aspirants, he has what to it takes to help the NPP in its quest to ‘break the eight’ in the 2024 elections.
Mr Addai-Nimoh’s declaration adds to the number of party stalwarts who have expressed interest in leading the NPP in the 2024 polls.
So far, former Trade Minister, Alan Kyerematen, has launched his campaign.
Vice President, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, is also lacing his boots to jump into the fray.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Livestream: PM Express discusses whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents