The countdown has officially begun as the cast of the first Showmax original comedy series in West Africa, Ghana Jollof, is revealed.
The hilarious series stars AMVCA-award winning actor/comedian, Funnybone and Africa Movie Academy Award (AMAA) nominee/Youtuber Akah Nnani as two Nigerians who move to Ghana in search of greener pastures.
Launching on Showmax later this year, Ghana Jollof is now shooting in Lagos and Accra.
The hottest actors and comedians from Nigeria and Ghana will feature on Ghana Jollof, from multi-award-winning comedian Basketmouth, who also executive produces, to AMAA nominee Joselyn Dumas.
The star-studded Nigerian cast also includes comedian/actor Buchi and Uzor Arukwe, who starred as dreaded crime boss Knight in Sugar Rush.
Bringing in the Ghanaian flavour are heartthrobs Mawuli Gavor (Chief Daddy) and James Gardiner, who currently stars in Ghana’s popular telenovela Dede.
There’s also the uncontested “Queen of Ghana comedy” and actress Jacinta Ocansey, popular reality star Portia Freelove, model and actress Brihanna Kinte, veteran actor Jackson Albert Davies (Beasts of No Nation), actress Korkor Oyeba Mensah, and multiple award-winning comedian/actor, Kalybos.
Ghana Jollof is directed by AMVCA nominee Diji Aderogba, whose debut feature film About A Boy won the Audience Choice Award at Nollywood Film Week in Paris, France.
Speaking on the show, Basketmouth said, “Fans can expect to see some of their favourite stars in a whole new light. We’re cooking up a storm and can’t wait to share this tasty package with everyone.”
Earlier in the year, Showmax broke first-day streaming records in Nigeria when it launched I am LAYCON, a reality show based on Big Brother Naija Season 5 winner, Laycon.
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Tullow Oil challenges GRA over $300m tax imposition
- ‘I’ve had frank conversations with Haruna Iddrisu’ – Ato Forson reveals
- NDC national executives to meet Minority Caucus over reshuffle
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- National Labour Commission directs CETAG to call off strike
- Pope Francis appoints Rev Fr Samuel Nkuah-Boateng as Bishop of Wiawso Diocese
- Court threatens to strike out case against Agradaa
- Asiedu Nketia leads party delegation to attend Mahama-led lecture in UK
- George Ferguson Laing: Why the looming water crisis may be a glimmer of hope for climate awareness
- Change in Minority Leadership: Rescind decision – Dr Amoako Baah tells NDC national executive
- The Story of Prophet Elisha: Case Study of Apprenticeship for Ghana – Part Two
- Elon Musk denies Twitter use hurts Tesla as sales soar
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Africa Business Dialogues: Bawumia proposes focus on 3 broad areas for AfCFTA success
- Playback: PM Express Business edition discuss Debt Exchange Programme with Alhassan Andani
- Change in Minority Leadership: We cannot refuse to recognise the lawful decision – Kofi Adams
- B.A. Mensah: Ghana moves from Petrodollar to Petrogold
- MEASURES project puts Accra under spotlight for sustainable energy strategy development