The High Court in Kenya is due to rule on Wednesday whether to decriminalize female genital mutilation for adult women.
The case is in response to a 2017 petition by a doctor who argued that banning the practice was unconstitutional as women had the right to choose what to do with their bodies.
Dr Tatu Kamau said women should be able to undergo the traditional practice in hospital, without fearing arrest.
FGM was outlawed in Kenya in 2017.
Campaigners fear the case may set back their attempts to eradicate the procedure.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- All Agenda 111 hospitals cannot be completed by 2024 – NPP MP
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Don’t criticise people who give thanks to God! — Bishop Saah warns
- Immediately exempt pension funds from debt exchange programme – GMA tells government
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- GSTEP team transforming plastic wastes into plastic houses
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Virologist alarmed over typhoid drug resistance; says vaccine is needed
- 2022 World Cup: Morocco beat Spain on penalties to book quarterfinal spot
- Transforming women health leadership for improved health outcomes
- Not one pesewa of pension funds will be lost to Debt Restructuring Programme – TUC
- Building a Village Dream premieres Dec. 8 on Joy Prime
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- I will support victims of debt exchange programme to sue government – Adongo
- Odotobiri Rural Bank pays 20% profit after tax as dividend
- Nautyca and Michy release third collaboration dubbed ‘Good Feeling’