Following the Farmers’ Day celebration on Friday, December 3, some residents in the Ketu South Municipality took to the streets to clean the gutters, beaches and lorry stations within the municipality.
The residents, made up of groups from Denu and Aflao included; the Royal Guards by Torgbui Fiti, Heroes of Change, Songhor community and Wasteman group. They were led by the Municipal Chief Executive, Maxwell Lugudor.
Sanitation issues in Ketu South Municipality especially in Aflao has been a major challenge for decades.
Open defecation especially at the beaches along the coast of Ketu South is a worrying trend together with the indiscriminate dumping of refuse at unapproved areas in the cities.
As part of the exercise, residents along the streets of Denu through to Aflao were seen busily clearing the streets of filth.
Some residents who spoke to JoyNews commended Mr Lugudor for the initiative which is targeted at making the municipality the cleanest in Ghana. They promised to assist the new MCE to achieve this goal.
A member of the Wasteman group noted that it is important to make sure that the communities, especially the streets and beaches are always clean and tidy to help the municipality rub shoulders with others.
On his part, Mr Maxwell Lugudor emphasised that the law will deal with anyone who engages in indiscriminate dumping of waste.
“I am not joking with sanitation issues and my administration will not take it lightly with anyone who refuses to comply with the laws on sanitation.”
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’