Singer-Songwriter, Kidi is set to release a remix of his global hit sing ‘Touch it’ with American rapper, Tyga on February 16.
He made the announcement on his Twitter page on Valentine’s Day.
In an earlier interview with Joy Entertainment’s Noella, the ‘Say Cheese’ crooner said, he had not been expecting the feature, thus it came as a surprise to him when he found out on social media he was to collaborate on the song with Tyga.
“Maybe my team knew, but they didn’t tell (me) and decided to surprise me, because I got to know about it like everybody else. But that’s just one of the many remixes coming,” KiDi said.
The award-winning American rapper Tyga posted a video of himself listening to ‘Touch It’ on his Instagram story. However, the version played was not the same as the original.
KiDi unleashed the global chart-topping song titled ‘Touch It’ on the 6th of May, 2021 ahead of the release of his anticipated second album; ‘The Golden Boy’.
‘Touch It’, since its release, has gone beyond African borders. Millions of social media users across the world, especially on TikTok, have created videos dancing to the song and created choreographies for it, among others.
In five months, ‘Touch It’ set a new record by becoming the most streamed Ghanaian song ever on Spotify.
Currently, it has over 37.6 million streams on Spotify. It peaked at #11 for ‘World Digital Sales’ on the global music ranking platform, Billboard.
The success of the tune on TikTok is mind-blowing. ‘Touch It’ related videos on the social media platform have surpassed 250 million views.
On the official UK Afrobeats chart, the song peaked at #7. A few weeks after the release of the song, it started charting in 51 countries on Spotify and 49 countries on Apple Music including India, Costa Rica, Columbia, and the Netherlands.
The music video for the monster hit currently has over 17 million views on YouTube.
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- UTAG, 3 other university labour unions threaten to go on strike on October 5
- GFA suspends AshantiGold SC for dealing with banned club president and son
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- GTA boss names agency in copyright feud with Kirani Ayat, reveals how footage was obtained
- Ghana will transition from fossil fuel to renewable energy by 2070 – Bawumia
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Turbo-Jets win second edition of Adonai Osagyefo Basketball Championship
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Homeowners and businesses urged to invest in security
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- Agenda 111: 8 hospitals in Northern Region to be completed by December 2023 – Regional Minister
- Tafo Pankrono BECE candidates get free tuition ahead of final examination
- 2 sustain gunshot wounds at mining firm in Samreboi
- Judges call on Finance Ministry to fast-track payment of their outstanding allowances
- Banks still safest place to keep funds and invest despite economic challenges – Alhassan Andani
- My husband left me for a ‘sugar mummy’ after 9 months of marriage – Woman shares experience
- World Heart Day: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure
- Global Citizen Festival campaign culminates in $2.4b to end extreme poverty
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- World Heart Day: A look at Vodafone Ghana’s contributions to cardiac wellness
- Ghana elected Chair of the Commonwealth ITU Group