Audio By Carbonatix
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has outlined some new restrictions aimed at preventing the spread of Covid-19 among students on campus.
This follows a directive from President Akufo-Addo for the reopening of schools after almost 11 months of closure.
In an update on Wednesday, January 20, the Ghana Health Service (GHS) said six more people have died from the virus as the country records another grim milestone as far as case management is concerned.
While the death toll is now 358, the total number of active cases moved to 2,174 as of January 16, 2021.
Earlier, a photo went viral where students of KNUST were seen packed in a room without social distancing.
The first-year students of KNUST reported on campus on January 9, 2021, and an orientation about the university was held Monday, January 11, 2021.
This sparked a conversation on how the school authorities are handling the situation.
In view of this, the University's Public Relations Officer, Dr Daniel Norris Bekoe, said management has agreed that “all activities that bring group of students together have been banned till further notice.”
He elaborated that the ban applies to gathering such as sports, jams, musical concerts, health walks, and other recreational activities.
Additionally, the Heads of Departments, Provosts, Dean of Students and all administrative offices had been told to enforce the safety protocols to the letter.
The officer cautioned that any breach of the directives would not be tolerated by the authorities.
Latest Stories
-
Bodo/Glimt stun Inter Milan to continue fairytale
5 minutes -
Ga Mantse stable after early morning accident
7 minutes -
Pressure mounts as Arsenal blow 2-goal lead to draw at Wolves
16 minutes -
Club Brugge fight back to leave Atletico tie delicately poised
26 minutes -
Benfica claim ‘defamation campaign’ against Prestianni
35 minutes -
Sinner and Alcaraz reach Qatar quarter-finals
43 minutes -
Kenpong Travel and Tours to launch 2026 World Cup travel package on Friday
49 minutes -
‘It hurts a lot’ – Coutinho announces Vasco exit
51 minutes -
Provider – A new gospel anthem of faith, hope, and divine supply
59 minutes -
MOBA heads to Accra Ridge for 11th National Conference on Feb 21
1 hour -
Ghana’s Doris Quainoo clocks new PB 8.23s to claim second place at Jarvis City Invite
1 hour -
Spain luxury hotel scammer booked rooms for one cent, police say
1 hour -
Zuckerberg defends Meta in landmark social media addiction trial
2 hours -
Suspected carbon-monoxide leak kills at least 30 miners in Nigeria, witnesses say
2 hours -
First Lady hails police as stolen Mamprobi baby is found and reunited with family
2 hours
