Audio By Carbonatix
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has outlined some new restrictions aimed at preventing the spread of Covid-19 among students on campus.
This follows a directive from President Akufo-Addo for the reopening of schools after almost 11 months of closure.
In an update on Wednesday, January 20, the Ghana Health Service (GHS) said six more people have died from the virus as the country records another grim milestone as far as case management is concerned.
While the death toll is now 358, the total number of active cases moved to 2,174 as of January 16, 2021.
Earlier, a photo went viral where students of KNUST were seen packed in a room without social distancing.
The first-year students of KNUST reported on campus on January 9, 2021, and an orientation about the university was held Monday, January 11, 2021.
This sparked a conversation on how the school authorities are handling the situation.
In view of this, the University's Public Relations Officer, Dr Daniel Norris Bekoe, said management has agreed that “all activities that bring group of students together have been banned till further notice.”
He elaborated that the ban applies to gathering such as sports, jams, musical concerts, health walks, and other recreational activities.
Additionally, the Heads of Departments, Provosts, Dean of Students and all administrative offices had been told to enforce the safety protocols to the letter.
The officer cautioned that any breach of the directives would not be tolerated by the authorities.
Latest Stories
-
Health, educational institutions in deprived communities get free cement from Ghacem
15 minutes -
Court grants GH¢63.5m bail to ex-NAFCO CEO and wife in alleged corruption trial
28 minutes -
GSA shuts down 4 companies in Afienya over substandard mattresses
56 minutes -
Theo Dzimega defends judge’s discretion in Abronye DC bail, criticises Afenyo-Markin’s remarks
59 minutes -
Ghana Bar Association rejects ‘NPP’ tag by Ofosu Kwakye
1 hour -
Hindsight: What next for the women’s relay team after African Championships?
1 hour -
World Vision launches 5-year water and sanitation programme in Wa
2 hours -
Opinion: Mahama must reshuffle his cabinet now to save the NDC from internal cracks
2 hours -
We’ll not condone such acts – GBA condemns Afenyo-Markin’s judge attack
2 hours -
One shot dead, 7 others injured at galamsey site in Bibiani Anhwiaso Bekwai
2 hours -
Two men arrested over stunt at enclosure of famous monkey Punch
2 hours -
Belgian ex-diplomat Davignon dies before trial over Lumumba assassination
3 hours -
Dembele having treatment for calf strain, say PSG
3 hours -
Ghana placed in Pot 2 ahead of 2027 AFCON qualifying draw
3 hours -
Elon Musk loses lawsuit against OpenAI
3 hours