For three days running beginning Saturday, July 1, the Rattray Park will see what is anticipated to be the biggest crowd at a single event in Kumasi in recent times.
It is the maiden edition of the Kumasi Picnic, a variety entertainment treat by Luv 99.5 FM to mark Republic Day.
Organizers promise a week-end of unforgettable experience for patrons of all age groups.
Ahead of the event, General Manager of Rattray Park, Kwame Asamoah Mensah assures the place is well prepared to welcome families and friends.
“The grass is well trimmed and mowed; we are trying to make the place very neat for people to enjoy the environment,” he said.
The programme begins with 4KIDS FUN DAY OUT which features fulfilled competitions in choreography, dance and others for schools, church and social groups as well as individuals.
'After Church Jamboree' on Sunday, gives adult a relaxed atmosphere of partying amidst live band music.
The climax is on Monday when families, business partners converge and social groups meet to fraternize and have fun the holiday style.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Pro-Alan groups step up efforts to win Ashanti NPP