Audio By Carbonatix
An attack by land guards on properties on a land at Sawmill Down at Dome Pillar Two in Accra on Sunday morning has left more than 60 residents, including children and pregnant women, displaced.
The land guards, wielding guns and machetes, destroyed makeshift structures occupied by the residents, in an attempt to eject them from the land which is a subject of a court litigation.
During the attack, one of the pregnant women fell unconscious and had to be rushed to the hospital.
The attackers, who arrived at the scene on motorbikes, hacked and vandalised all 14 wooden structures on the two-plot land; threatening to burn down the structures if the residents refuse to leave.
The police were called in but the attackers, numbering about eight, escaped before the arrival of the police patrol team.

The original owner of the land, Nana Kwame, permitted the residents to occupy half of the land, on humanitarian grounds, while he built on the other half.
According to him, he acquired the land in 1995 from one of the Gbese families, adding that there had been no issue until recently when another family gave indication that it had won a court case over the ownership of the lands in that area.
Nana Kwame explained that the family filed a suit in court against him over the land, and as part of the settlement he decided to attorn tenancy to the new family, and pay the necessary fees.

But before they could sign the settlement agreement, the family said it had sold the land to another person, Ibrahim Sibie, popularly known as Bolumba, who also claims to have sold it to a new buyer.
Nana Kwame said he has secured a court injunction restricting Bolumba and his assigns from entering the land, indicating that he will file for contempt against him.

Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
45 minutes -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
2 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
2 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
2 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
3 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
3 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
3 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
4 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
4 hours -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
4 hours -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
4 hours -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
5 hours -
Prayer does not solve everything — Ohemaa Mercy
5 hours -
New PURC office symbolises stronger consumer protection – Dr Jinapor
6 hours -
Rev. Wengam re-elected Assemblies of God, Ghana General Superintendent
6 hours