Audio By Carbonatix
The Central East Regional Police Command has announced the arrest of 10 individuals, including one female, in connection with reports of missing genitals in the Kasoa.
Additionally, one person is currently evading authorities and is being pursued by the police.
According to Central East Regional Police Commander DCOP Joseph Owusu-Bempah, three individuals have been remanded into police custody pending further investigation, with sentencing to follow at a later date.
DCOP Owusu-Bempah in an interview with Citi FM on Wednesday, April 17, emphasised the seriousness of such allegations, stating that anyone making claims of missing genitalia will be arrested and taken to the hospital for examination before the matter is investigated.
The arrests come amid growing concerns and rumours circulating in the Kasoa enclave regarding missing genitals.
The police have taken swift action to apprehend suspects and address the situation, aiming to ensure public safety and dispel any panic or fear in the community.
DCOP Owusu-Bempah reassured the public of the police's commitment to thoroughly investigate the matter and bring all perpetrators to justice.
He urged residents to report any suspicious activity or information related to the case, emphasizing the importance of collaboration between law enforcement and the community to maintain peace and security in the region.
“We have many; about six people have been sent to court, three were remanded for two weeks. The last time they went to court the court deferred the sentence.
“Others have also been sentenced. But so far we have made about ten arrests in Kasoa, one person has run away and we are going after him.”
Latest Stories
-
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
9 minutes -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
10 minutes -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
18 minutes -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
19 minutes -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
31 minutes -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
33 minutes -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
45 minutes -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
53 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
54 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
55 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
56 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
59 minutes -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
1 hour -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
1 hour -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
1 hour