An aspirant of the General Secretary position of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has admonished members of the party to run a clean campaign devoid of personality attacks.
According to Dr Peter Boamah Otokunor, this will ensure the party has a united front after the various ongoing primaries.
Speaking to delegates in the Bono Region, the deputy general secretary, asked the party faithfuls to support their various candidates without denting the reputation of their fellow opponents.
He stressed that aspirants should push their message to convince the delegates on how to win power in 2024 for the NDC.
“We want to win power, we’re not each other’s enemy, we must be united together to defeat the NPP and reward our people and the country at large,” he said.
Dr Otokunor who is vying for the substantive General Secretary position to replace Johnson Asiedu Nketia has commenced his campaign activities across the country.
He has therefore been outlining his “10 point agenda for power 2024” message to the delegates across the constituencies.
As part of his message, he called for a united party anchored on the strong foundation of elections winning machinery, reward for party members and building a stronger NDC through establishing constituency based business support unit for the party.
He also said, members of the party must join hands to work tirelessly to win power away from the failed NPP government.
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Football transfers: Kamaldeen Sulemana chooses Southampton over Everton
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Bank of Ghana has printed over GH¢50bn in one year – Minority Leader
- AMA to clear traders selling at unauthorised places
- Provide level-playing field for all presidential candidates – NPP founding member
- A fractured NPP cannot ‘Break the 8’ – Francis Addai-Nimoh
- Mahama Ayariga accuses military of killing 7 of his constituents
- Ghana and EU launch agribusiness platform to boost trade
- Patrick Owusu: Building an Excellent Life – The heart of a diligent fellow
- Debt exchange: Don’t argue with emotions – John Kumah to bondholders
- ‘Special Olympics’ organised for Police Depot 1 JHS, Dzorwulu Special School to bridge ‘special needs’ barrier
- D Jay shares new song ‘Morning Stress’
- Classroom Mothers: Nursing mother, 17, returns to school after childbirth
- ‘Kwabena Awuku will explain why he slapped me one day’ – Kobby Kyei
- Government starts construction of hostel facilities for head potters – Local Government Ministry
- The bizarre tale of Queen Victoria and the ‘stolen’ African boy prince
- Charity Yayra Adzam aka Lindavis