Former President John Dramani Mahama says his contenders for the flagbearership position of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) have called to congratulate him for emerging winner.
Mr Mahama disclosed this in a post on Facebook on Tuesday, May 16.
The former President on Saturday, May 13 came out victorious as the flagbearer elect of the NDC to lead the party into the 2024 presidential election.
While Dr. Duffour quit the race at the eleventh hour in protest against what he said were faulty delegates albums, certified results by the Electoral Commission (EC) at the close of the contest showed that Mr Mahama polled an overwhelming 297,603 votes representing 98.9% of the total valid votes cast.
The former Kumasi Mayor, Kojo Bonsu, polled a paltry 3,181 representing 1.1%.
Following the event, the NDC flagbearer-elect said he received a call from the former Finance Minister and his contender, Dr Kwabena Duffour congratulating him.
He added that he also received a congratulatory message from the former Mayor of Kumasi, Kojo Bonsu earlier on Saturday, May 13, soon after the primaries.
“Last night Dr Kwabena Duffour called to congratulate me for emerging victorious in the May 13 NDC presidential primaries.”
The former President further stated that the NDC party needs cooperation to achieve its vision for the country.
“As I stated in my acceptance speech in Tamale, the internal competition for the flagbearership is over. Cooperation is what we need now to build the Ghana we want together,” he said.
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators
- #OccupJulorbiHouse: Citizens’ rights above that of President, IGP – Kofi Bentil
- Parts of Accra flooded during Friday’s downpour
- Journalists Sanctuary International condemns latest police brutality against journalists in Ghana
- EU, SNV Ghana, Government convinced of green entrepreneurship potential
- Ko-Jo Cue teases new single with Joey B
- Pastor Eastwood Anaba’s Days of Wonder Conference illuminates Houston
- Volta Regional Gender Department calls for support for women
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors defy rains to intensify demonstration
- Chamber of Young Entrepreneurs, EU and SNV Ghana, launches ¢3m Young Entrepreneurs and Start-ups Support Fund