Deputy head of Corporate Communications and Marketing at Ecobank Ghana, Dr Kasser-Tee, has called on all Ghanaians to join hands to fight against the stigmatisation and discrimination of people with mental health issues.
He made this call on Wednesday whiles delivering a solidarity message from the bank at a joint press launch of World Mental Health Day.
According to him, Ecobank is willing to partner and support this year’s mental health agenda because it fits into the 2021 Ecobank Day celebrations agenda, thus the “Together For Better Health” with a sub-theme “Mental Health, Let’s Speak About It!”
He said they are; therefore, prepared to “forge the right alliances to bring attention to mental health issues.”
He noted that Ecobank Ghana is providing support for capacity building training for Regional Mental Health coordinators in collaboration with Ghana Mental Health Authority.
“We will be creating awareness of mental health through all our social media platforms, as well as intensify staff sensitisation on Mental health,” he added.
He also stated that the Bank, as part of the World Mental Health Day, will organize “a webinar on October 22, 2021, in all 33 countries to discuss stigma and discrimination.”
The planned activities for Year 3, this year, under Stigma and Discrimination are:
- Joining the World Mental Health Day on the Theme: Mental health in an unequal world
- Focus: Stigma, discrimination, and wellness, encompassing self-care and support
- Our sub theme for the 2021 Ecobank Day is: Mental Health, Let’s Speak About It!
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds
- Vodafone scoops 5 honours at National Communications Awards
- Oxford University partners Ghana Gold Expo to promote CSR