Some 11 journalists covering the trial of two suspects in the murder of late Abuakwa South MP, Joseph Boakye Danquah were driven out of the courtroom, Thursday.

Joy News’ Joseph Ackah Blay reports the journalists tried to enter the courtroom when the two suspects, Daniel Asiedu and Vincent Dosso Booso were led inside at 9:45am.

When the magistrate hearing the matter, Arit Nsemoh saw the journalists, she directed them to leave the court.

“She referred to us [journalists] as ‘spectators’ and asked us to move away from the doorway,” the reporter said.

Related Article: Suspected JB Danquah killers discharged

The miffed journalists walked outside and regrouped in front of one of the many district courts there.

“We stood there until the hearing was over,” Ackah Blay said, adding they had to rely on some of the people who were inside for information about the hearing.

The case was adjourned by the judge because the state prosecutor told the court they are yet to receive a briefing from the Attorney-General on how to proceed with the matter.

The two suspects had been standing trial until they were discharged on May 30 by the High Court after the A-G, Gloria Akuffo filed a process to discontinue the case.

The state prosecutor handling the matter, Sefakor Batsa cited Section 54 of the Criminal and Other Offences Act, 1960 (Act 30), as the basis for the A-G’s decision to file the nolle prosequi.

In an interview with Joy News in May, Gloria Akuffo explained, "what has necessitated the withdrawal by the entering of a nolle prosequi is to enable us conduct further investigations into aspects of the matter.”

She promised the two suspects would be re-arrested and arraigned before the court when investigations into the matter re-opens. The appearance of the two suspects in court Thursday is in line with the A-G's promise.

The trial of the two suspects over the murder of the late lawmaker has dragged on, to the chagrin of some Members of Parliament (MP).

Majority leader, Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu has decried the slow nature of the case, urging the Attorney-General to expedite action.

The lawmaker was murdered on February 8, 2016 at his Shiashie residence in Accra in the night.

Days after the murder, an operation by the Accra Regional Police Command led to the arrest of Asiedu who confessed to committing the crime. The second suspect, Booso was later arrested and charged for conspiracy in the matter.

The suspects have been scheduled to reappear on a later date.