Daniel Mackorley, popularly known as McDan, has reacted to criticisms against his advice to men to desist from banking their hopes on their wives’ salaries.
Speaking on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show on Friday, he insisted that men should not depend on their wives’ earnings.
“A man must be responsible. If the woman is helping, let her help, there’s nothing wrong with that, but her money is not the man’s money,” he said.
The business mogul has been called out for saying that a wife’s salary is solely hers and should not be preyed upon by her husband.
Many, including Award-winning investigative journalist Manasseh Azure Awuni, have challenged his comment.
The journalist believes that even though women are entitled to the monies they earn, it is not wrong for them to support their husbands in paying bills at home.
In a subsequent reaction, McDan stated, “A man must be the man. The Bible says that marriage is a sacred institution, and we must respect that. The Bible says that the man is the head of the family.
“Why do you be the head and want to spend the money on the tail or the neck? The neck supports the head, but the head must be the head. So let’s not change the narrative,” he said.
He added that women play other important roles in the marriage; therefore, they should not be burdened with the family’s financial needs as well.
“Women do a lot for our children. They use the little they have to go the extra mile to support the kids, and you’ll never know. So don’t be a man who allows your woman to pay the bills,” he stressed.
- Entrance exam saga: Your desire to be a lawyer doesn’t mean you have to become one – GBA President
- Organisers of ‘Aduru wo so’ walk caution Nana B against suspending Alan Kyerematen
- U20 Women’s World Cup: Ghana play Japan today in likely do-or-die mission
- Labianca case: GRA dissociates itself from Col. Damoah’s comments against Special Prosecutor
- List of Special Prosecutor’s ongoing investigations into alleged corruption
- Former Ashanti Regional Minister, Samuel Nuamah is dead
- GLC barring re-marking justified, argument against directive only emotional – GBA President
- Adorye’s statement is a mockery; we must condemn it – Farouk Aliu Mahama
- NPP flagbearership race: ‘The grassroots are yearning for Alan Kyerematen’ – Hopeson Adorye
- Sam George and wife renew vows after 10 years of marriage
Sack Ofori-Atta, Agyemang Manu, Afriyie-Akoto – Kufuor Foundation CEO tells Akufo-Addo
Labianca case: ‘We’ll deal with anyone found culpable’ – GRA
Reduce number of ministers to 40 and save ¢6bn each year – IMANI Africa to government
Full text: Utility tariff increments announced by PURC
Free SHS: ‘Allow parents who are capable of paying to do so’ – Presbyterian Church to government
ECG begins repair works on transformers in Yilo and Manya Krobo municipalities
Electricity, water tariffs increased by 27.15%, 21.55% respectively; effective September 1
We’re committed to making Ghana safer – IGP reiterates as he receives new motorbikes
Let’s meet on stage – Mummy Dolarz challenges Big Ivy
Afrochella co-founder steps down following sexual harassment allegations
Cedi loses about ¢3.15 to dollar so far in 2022
Security agencies to permanently patrol river bodies to fight galamsey
Sam George and wife renew vows after 10 years of marriage
ADB to remain agric focused bank – Board Chairman
JoyNews’ Prince Appiah, Justice Baidoo win IOM best migration reporting award for 2022