Medeama Sporting Club have decided to part company with coach Prince Yaw Owusu.
The Club by mutual consent have ended their relationship with Owusu, weeks after missing out on semi-final of the CAF Confederation Cup.
They have also confirmed entrusting Technical director Evans Adotey with the job till the end of the current campaign.
Disappointed with the club’s inability to achieve an historic semi-final berth, angry fans prevented head coach Prince Owusu from training the team couple of days after elimination.
Thereafter, Owusu decided to stay away from the team, failing to show up on the bench in their last three Premier League games.
And the club has finally released a statement confirming it has parted company.
"Medeama Sporting Club and coach Prince Yaw Owusu have parted ways by mutual consent," a club statement read.
"The club would like to thank Owusu for his immense contribution since he returned to Tarkwa.
"Both management and the coach believe it is in the best interest of both parties to go our separate ways.
"The club wishes to make clear coach Prince Owusu leaves us on good terms and will always remain respected and significant figure at Medeama.
The club confirmed technical director Augustine Evans Adotey will take charge of the team until the end of the season.
"Technical Director Augustine Evans Adotey takes charge of the team and will be assisted by Ben Owu until the end of the season.
- Takoradi woman in latest fake kidnapping jailed 6 years
- What are the 53 phone models that WhatsApp no longer supports?
- Allegations of bias against Justice Honyenuga unfounded, Opuni trial can proceed – Supreme Court
- CAF Confederation Cup: Hearts of Oak drawn with Algeria’s JS Saoura
- Alajo coup plot: You cannot travel to Kenya – Court declines Agordzo’s request
- My employee became my landlord at a point in my career – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
- Parliament’s debate on Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill and MPs’ vote to be made public
- Social media reacts to Shatta Wale and Medikal bail
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- NSMQ 2021 national championship starts today
Government provides funds to complete first phase of KNUST Teaching Hospital
I want to wear the jersey of Kotoko – Asamoah Gyan hints at possible last dance with ‘childhood’ club
Ofori-Atta to present 2022 Budget on Nov. 17
Prayer camps should be incentivised to bring breast cancer patients to hospital – Okoe Boye
South Sudan Sports Minister calls on Executive Director of National Service Scheme
‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
Provide strategic direction to IGP to build a professional service – Akufo-Addo charges Police Council
Inter-ministerial AU-ECOWAS Consultative workshop on implementing CSVRA, CSVMS opens in Accra
‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
New Vice-Chancellor appeals to Akufo-Addo to help clear UG’s loans
Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Anyimadu-Antwi backs Speaker’s decision to make sitting public
Man stumbles on mother’s apology letter to father after 28 years
Man stones mother to death in Savannah Region
29 in court for assaulting Police officers in Ada
Sunao Tsuboi: Campaigning Hiroshima survivor dies aged 96