Meek Mill’s dreams came true, but with an accompanying nightmare. The King of Philly had earlier communicated his passion to visit Africa, and Afro Nation was a good chance to make that happen.
On Thursday night, the American rapper did his final set at the festival which happened at the Marine Drive, Black Star Square.
But his commute to the premises ahead of his performance was a turbulent one. He was mobbed by fans excited to see their superstar.
Amateur footage showed Meek climbing over the gate into the arena, as he struggled to ditch the zealous group.
Herhhh meek mill 😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/s0K3eV17On— Gustavo. (@jaymikedc) December 30, 2022
This affected the scheduled time for his performance.
Midway through his act, the 35-year-old revealed that he had been “pickpocketed while battling for my life trying to enter the venue.”
He, however, pushed through the rest of the show without fail.
Meek Mill dropped back-to-back hits from his catalogue and fans could not hold back their excitement.
He later took to his Instagram to share his brief nightmare pleading for the return of his phone, although his long-time dream of visiting the motherland had become a reality.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’
- Teachers are poised to teach, but no logistics – GNAT
- Sex is a very healthy aerobic exercise – Dr. Yaw Osarfo
- Four men jailed for molesting a teenager at Agogo
- ‘I’m excited to show everyone at Southampton what I can do’ – Kamaldeen Sulemana
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Gospel artiste OJ Blaq wants to be featured on secular concerts