Ghanaian business magnate, Daniel McKorley, popularly known as McDan, says more Ghanaian businesses will collapse this year.
According to the entrepreneur, this is due to the precarious exchange rate between the cedi and the major foreign currencies, coupled with the country’s ailing economy.
In an interview on Joy FM, he noted that given his projection about the fate of businesses this year, individuals must sit up and devise innovative means to navigate the impending challenges.
‘A lot of businesses are collapsing I can tell you and you have not seen anything yet.
More businesses are going to collapse, looking at exchange rate, somewhere about 44%. So we should brace ourselves for tougher times coming”, he stated.
The prediction by Mr McKorley adds to other gloomy indications from some experts and stakeholders about the state of Ghana’s economy.
Ghana’s economy is presently in a bad state, with the country currently at the doorstep of the IMF for a bailout.
Meanwhile, government has reiterated its readiness to salvage the situation and put the economy on a sound footing.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Women 35 years and above are at higher risk of giving birth to babies with Down syndrome – Expert
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- Rapper Edem hints at contesting NDC parliamentary primaries
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators