The Ghana Developing Communities Association (GDCA), a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) in the Northern Region, has intimated that most Assemblies in the Northern Region are unable to effectively execute their development plans.
The organization attributed the current situation to delays in disbursement of the District Assemblies Common Fund by the Central Government and the inability of the Assemblies to generate funds internally.
The Technical Advisor of Policy and Governance of the GDCA, G’mabi Philip made this observation, Thursday, at a sensitization workshop on the 2021 Budget Statement for youth groups and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) in its operational areas in the Northern Region.
According to him, each year, the Central government presents the national budget policy before Parliament. He said the budget captures developmental projects which are yet to be implemented.
“It is from the national budget statement that various programmes of government are implemented,” he said.
G’mabi Philip therefore urged the citizens to demand their share of the national cake from authorities.
He said this will provide the CSOs the opportunity to play a key role in pushing for the implementation of the budget to benefit the citizenry.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Ghana records $752.8m trade surplus in first 2 months of 2023
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day
- Ivy Setordjie: Drinking to a warming globe – Part 1
- World Theater Day: Stakeholders urged to commit more resources to industry
- I did not defy orders not to vote for Akufo-Addo’s ministerial nominees – Akatsi North MP
- I was sexually harassed on a bus – Ernest Opoku reveals
- Reports that banks are facing insolvency risk over DDE malicious – Ghana Association of Banks
- Re: Banks facing insolvency risks on debt exchange programme
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- Substantial elements of Anti-LGBTQ bill have been modified – Akufo-Addo
- Free SHS: Holistic approach to teaching and learning needed to sustain quality
- US commits $100m to help combat terrorism in coastal West Africa
- Ghana’s IMF programme: Paris Club, China, other creditors agree to form OCC
- Meet Jon Boafo, Ghana’s first international rower: A story of perseverance and dedication