Marie-Patrice Gbagbo, daughter of former Ivorian President Koudou Laurent Gbagbo has praised her father to be a man of principle and discipline.
In an interview on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show Friday, she stated that the works of her father contributed immensely to the emancipation of Africa.
According to her, former President Gbagbo upheld the constitution of Cote d’ Ivoire and did everything within his power to protect it.
“In the nutshell, my father’s legacy will be the emancipation of Cote d’Ivoire and the emancipation of Africa. He was knowledgeable of the laws, upholding the laws and constitution.
“He used to say any country is free to write its laws, but once that is done, it is now the duty for the people to uphold the law. He wanted the Ivorian people and Africans to be able to write their laws and live by them,” Ms Gbagbo told host Benjamin Akakpo.
Former President Laurent Gbagbo was the President of Côte d’Ivoire from 2000 until his arrest in April 2011. His arrest came four months after refusing to step down from office after losing the 2010 general elections.
Ms Gbagbo further added that she will not be follow her father’s footsteps.
She said although her brother has chemistry for politics, she, on the other hand, wants to live her life devoid of any politicking.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship launches inaugural Legatum Foundry Fellowship for entrepreneurs in Africa
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital