Marie-Patrice Gbagbo, daughter of former Ivorian President Koudou Laurent Gbagbo has praised her father to be a man of principle and discipline.
In an interview on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show Friday, she stated that the works of her father contributed immensely to the emancipation of Africa.
According to her, former President Gbagbo upheld the constitution of Cote d’ Ivoire and did everything within his power to protect it.
“In the nutshell, my father’s legacy will be the emancipation of Cote d’Ivoire and the emancipation of Africa. He was knowledgeable of the laws, upholding the laws and constitution.
“He used to say any country is free to write its laws, but once that is done, it is now the duty for the people to uphold the law. He wanted the Ivorian people and Africans to be able to write their laws and live by them,” Ms Gbagbo told host Benjamin Akakpo.
Former President Laurent Gbagbo was the President of Côte d’Ivoire from 2000 until his arrest in April 2011. His arrest came four months after refusing to step down from office after losing the 2010 general elections.
Ms Gbagbo further added that she will not be follow her father’s footsteps.
She said although her brother has chemistry for politics, she, on the other hand, wants to live her life devoid of any politicking.
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- One arrested, others on the run after allegedly murdering police officer
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Sights and sounds: ‘Jama’ session, exciting skaters kick-start Hitz Old Skuuls Reunion
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- British Council urges student’s under IAU Programme to become good entrepreneurs
- LUV FM’s morning show team distributes about 1,000 pieces of sanitary pads to needy girls
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Mbappe scores twice as France reach knockout stage
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Tullow Ghana reaffirms commitment to grow indigenous capacities
- Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A Missed Opportunity
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- VP Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Gov’t promises more support to Ghana Police
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- Average lending rate hits 31.40% in October 2022 – BoG
- Lynx Entertainment unveils kids sensation Afrapa
- Ghana’s economic difficulties have forced me to eat more ‘gari and beans’ – Fameye