Seasoned sports broadcast journalist and widely recognised Master of Ceremonies, Nathaniel Attoh has been unveiled as the official MC for the 5th EMY Africa Awards.
The affable broadcaster also known as Citizen Attoh will be hosting alongside actress, TV and radio personality, Naa Ashorkor.
Citizen Attoh and Naa Ashorkor hosted the 1st edition of EMY Africa Awards in 2016.
According to the organisers, the celebration of the 5th anniversary could not have been complete without bringing back some memories from the 1st edition.
“The MCs were remarkable and the prevailing ethos of the brand is very well communicated by the 2”, the Executive Director of EMY Africa Awards, Kojo Soboh said.
Asked, what he makes of hosting the awards event for the 4th consecutive time, Citizen Attoh said that he is happy to have been a part from the start.
He explained that he has believed in the central idea, which is to celebrate men for the achievements they are making in their respective aspects of endeavour as well as the efforts they are making to make society a better place.
“We live in a world where men are often not appreciated for what they do. I mean Mother’s Day is celebrated greatly way bigger than Father’s Day.
“So the idea to encourage men to do even more and put the Society on their shoulders and run with them with EMY awards is laudable.”
Citizen Attoh was quick to also add that he and his co-host have a strong bond.
“Naa Ashorkor was my co-host for the first edition and we’re doing it together again. We have a wonderful relationship as friends and it always translates when we’re working together on the stage as well, so I’m looking forward to something that is no different from all the other events that we’ve executed together on the stage.”
Actress Naa Ashorkor said she is excited to mount the EMYs stage once again.
“I’m really excited about hosting this year’s EMY awards, Africa. I had the privilege of being in the very first edition so coming back this year is a real honour! I promise we’ll have a great show!
“And we encourage everyone to stay home and stay safe while enjoying the event on Joy prime and all our digital platforms. Congratulations to all the nominees.”
The EMY Africa Awards 2020 is scheduled to show on Joy Prime at 8pm on Saturday, July 4and subsequently on Joy News.
Also streaming live on all @emyafrica online platforms. YouTube: EMY Africa Network. Instagram: @emyafrica. Facebook: EMY Africa.
Sponsors and partners: @samsungghana, @joyprimeofficial @prulifegh, @dvo_ghana, @unfpa_ghana, @arochaghana, @glenfiddichwhisky, @specialice_gh. #EMYAfrica20
- Player Ratings: Black Stars suffer 3-0 defeat to Brazil
- Fitch downgrades Ghana from ‘CCC’ to ‘CC’
- Fitch downgrades Ghana to further ‘junk’ status
- Police fire tear gas to disperse protesting final year UEW students
- Obaapa Christy has hidden our last child from me since he was 2 – Ex-husband
- Otto Addo names Black Stars line-up for Brazil friendly
- Brazil’s first half brilliance ensures 3-0 victory over Black Stars
- Otto Addo admits Brazil selection gaffe, pledges to do better
- How the Black Stars came to be known as the “Brazil of Africa”
- US Embassy to clear student visa applications backlog
- Brazil 3-0 Ghana: Ten things we learned
- GITFiC launches book on AfCFTA
- We’re poised to minimise debt restructuring’s impact on financial systems – Finance Ministry
- Black Sherif releases date of his debut album titled ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Voter registration: EC’s recalcitrance poses the biggest threat to Ghana’s democracy – Sam George
- Hasaacas Ladies announce marquee signing Firdous Yakubu from Ashtown Ladies
- EPCG Divine Grace Parish donate to shore up KATH blood bank
- Close down schools in Bawku over insecurity – Heads of basic schools urge GES
- Brazil exposed set piece weaknesses that Ghana has to address before the World Cup
- Joel Bortey: Tough loss against Brazil but there is time to work on mistakes
- Rockson-Nelson Dafeamekpor: Law school exam leak – GLC’s IEC must be dissolved
- Ghana card has become a tool to infringe on peoples rights – Bright Simons
- Thomas Partey’s late exclusion from Brazil clash was precautionary
- Slamm Foundation launches Nimde3 App that teaches IT skills in local languages
- Brazil 0-3 Ghana: How Brazil floored Black Stars in first half horror show