Party folks interested in leading the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) into the 2024 presidential election will have to pay ¢500,000 as a filing fee and ¢30,000 as a nomination fee.
The election of both presidential candidates and Parliamentary Candidates will be held concurrently on Saturday, May 6.
This was decided by the Functional and National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party in a meeting Thursday, January 5.
At the same meeting, it was decided that Parliamentary aspirants would also pay ¢5,000 for nomination forms and ¢40,000 as a filing fee.
Per the timetable issued to this effect, nominations would be opened from Monday, February 22 to Wednesday, February 24, 2023.
However, the submission and filing of forms have been scheduled for Monday, March 20, to Wednesday, March 22.
Meanwhile, vetting of aspirants would be done between Monday, March 27, and Wednesday, March 29, 2023, and appeals by aggrieved aspirants would be from March 30 to April 6.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Majority MPs wear black as Parliament mourns late Philip Basoah
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- You don’t need money to make money; you need mindset – Oscar Bimpong
- Radio presenter recounts stealing church money to buy heroin, cocaine
- Government urged to pay District Assemblies’ Common Fund arrears
- Fifa places worldwide ban on Tottenham managing director Fabio Paratici
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Playback: Kamala Harris engages women entrepreneurs
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Economic crisis: Accept your mistakes – Mahama to Akufo-Addo
- Urgently approve 3 new revenue bills to expedite IMF bailout – BoG Governor appeals to Parliament
- Uber and TechConnect Africa spotlight how tech can promote economic equity in Africa
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Black Stars: Eric Bekoe charges GFA to appoint Asamoah Gyan as part of technical team
- Ecobank committed to empowering unbanked, underserved Ghanaians through financial inclusion – MD
- Grave robbers steal body parts of albino Mozambican
- Akufo-Addo appoints Derek Kwaku Nkansah as PBC MD
- LGBTQ+: You’re the last person to lecture us on human rights – Sam George fires US Vice President