The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has pledged its commitment to ensuring that the founder of the party, Jerry John Rawlings is given a befitting burial.
This was announced by former President and current presidential candidate of the party, John Dramani Mahama, after a closed-door meeting with the party’s political committee.
The party has since suspended its political activities following Mr Rawlings’ demise.
Mr Mahama and other staunch members of the party have also expressed grief over the death of Mr Rawlings.
Although a burial date is yet to be set, President Akufo-Addo has announced that late Jerry John Rawlings, will be given a befitting state burial.
Mr Rawlings died on Thursday at about 10:10 am aged 73 at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital where he was receiving treatment after a short illness.
Born June 22, 1947, he ruled the country from 1981 to 2001 and also for a brief period in 1979.
He was last seen in public on October 19, during the final funeral rites leading to the burial of his mother, Victoria Agbotui.
- Archbishop of Canterbury, others oppose Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill, pledge to engage with Archbishop of Ghana
- While you disregard your own laws, be mindful of the dire consequences – Isaac Adongo to BoG Governor
- 5 NDC MPs file motion to probe Akufo-Addo’s use of chartered flights for foreign travels
- ‘Supreme Court was afraid, didn’t do justice to election petition hearing’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- I was sued for instituting reforms at Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital – Okoe Boye reveals
- ‘God is alive’ – Shatta Wale speaks after being granted bail
- Madina MP files contempt charges against police officers involved in Monday’s protest
- ‘I still feel traumatised by my experiences in EC’s strong room’ – Kpessa-Whyte
- Chinese students sue Apple for not including a charger with the iPhone 12
- Retract and apologise for defamatory publication or face court action – Lawyers of Eugene Arhin to Adom-Boakye
Two pistols intercepted on Accra bound vehicle
Carabao Cup: West Ham eliminate holders Man City on penalty shootout
Youngster Felix Afena-Gyan makes AS Roma debut in win against Cagliari
I was almost consumed by fame when I had the deal with Beyoncé – Dancegod Lloyd
Ban on tricycles: Intentions are good but implementation will lead to chaos – Governs Agbodza
Bayern Munich suffer biggest defeat since 1978
Raphael Dwamena stable after collapsing during Austria Cup game
Barcelona sack manager Ronald Koeman after Rayo Vallecano loss
‘The power of the people is stronger than the people in power’ – Alban Bagbin
Asantehene commissions a new Maternity Block at KNUST Hospital
Our target is to stay in the Premier League – CEO of Bibiani Goldstars
Playback: PM Express discusses ‘Aboboyaa’ highways ban
Marriage is a Ministry of Offence; you have to have a BSc in tolerance to be there -Woman
I had to work at a bank for free to pay off debts I owed them – CEO of Websoft solutions recounts
Supreme Court not ready to protect Ghana’s democracy- Asiedu Nketiah