The opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has accused President Akufo-Addo and Vice President Dr. Bawumia of seeking another term in government for the NPP beyond their current eight-year tenure to cover up their misdeeds.
According to the NDC, the NPP intend to have what would be a record consecutive three terms in office in order to have a free rein to perpetuate corruption and impunity.
Barely one year into their second four-year term, the NPP-led government is already seeking another term beyond the eight years – what it calls “break the 8.”
But addressing a Press Conference on Monday at the party’s headquarters in Adabraka in Accra, the Communication Officer of the NDC, Sammy Gyamfi called on Ghanaians to reject the proposition and instead demand accountability from the Akufo-Addo/Bawumia government.
“The only motivation for President Akufo-Addo, Dr. Bawumia and the NPP to want to “Break the 8” in their own words, is to help them perpetuate this regime of corruption, naked thievery, ostentation and impunity.
“Most of all, their wish is that in 2024, Ghanaians will give them another opportunity to cover-up their bad deeds and continue to dim the torch of accountability while further enriching themselves and impoverishing the Ghanaian people” he said.
“However, we are quite confident that come 2024, all well-meaning Ghanaians who wish to see the progress of our nation, will join forces with us to break the eight years of stealing, break the eight years of nepotism, break the eight years of lawlessness and impunity, break the eight years of deception and broken promises and break the eight years injustice and intolerance,” he added.
The statement also commended the Minority in Parliament, CSOs and the former Special Prosecutor for their vigilance.
It also called for all Ghanaians to get involved and not to relent in the fight against corruption.
- Akufo-Addo was apt, Aflao chief is not supposed to give Ministers of State ultimatums – Okoe Boye
- ‘Go and sin no more’ – Court cautions evangelist for fingering, fondling woman
- Arrogance of power has taken over Akufo-Addo – Sammy Gyamfi
- We already knew that Komenda was an emotional project – Kofi Bentil
- Ghanaians would have paid more for sugar even with Komenda Sugar Factory – Kofi Bentil
- Adom TV’s ‘Big Talent Show’ gave me hope after I was wrongfully jailed for 5 years – Contestant
- Ex-cop killed relatives and boyfriend for insurance cash
- It is possible Radio Gold, others may not transmit from their original frequencies – NCA
- 38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
- NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
Why Kenyan churches are banning politicians from pulpits
Breast cancer is not a spiritual disease – Dr Ackon
Winning the Super Cup will motivate us for Premier League promotion – Skyy FC coach
DOL Super Cup: Skyy FC edge out Tema Youth in epic shoot to claim maiden title
Ibrahimovic scores at both ends as Milan edge nine-man Bologna
Guardiola believes Foden can get better after his brace against Brighton
80% of widows who turned out for Tamale screening diagnosed with hypertension
KNUST JHS wins maiden edition of Nhyira FM Akan Akansie
Ejisuman SHS embarks on Peace Walk over encroachment of school lands
It’s time to legislate on funding, executing of projects – Kofi Bentil
NIA to suspend services at all 34 registration centres from Oct. 25
KBTH releases detained breast cancer patients after NDC Deputy Women’s Organiser settles medical bills
38 persons arrested for alleged assault on police officers
LEAP beneficiaries to be paid from October 25 to 29
Kwaku Antwi-Boasiako: Unemployed graduate – think about your pension