A 40-year-old man who received several death threats weeks ago, has been attacked by two men at Ejura in the Ashanti Region.
Ibrahim Mohammed, was repeatedly hit in the head with objects until he lost consciousness.
Mr Mohammed is a well-known NPP member in the Ejura Sekyeredumasi constituency. He has always called for social amenities to be provided to the rural folks.
According to his brother’s wife, Sadia Fuseini, she heard incessant screams from outside, she therefore went to check who it was, only to find Ibrahim lying unconscious.
Speaking to JoyNews’ Mahmud Mohammed-Nurudeen, a relative of the victim, Abee Wakas Umar stated that “the assailants thought Ibrahim had died and so they quickly left the house.”
At about 2:00am, the victim’s wife, Sa’ada Hudu and other relatives had to transport Ibrahim on motorbike to the Ejura Government Hospital for medical treatment.
Sources say, he was found in a pool of blood after the assailants had left. According to a Medical report in the possession of JoyNews, Ibrahim was diagnosed with severe head injury due to the assault.
The report also describes the injury as, “multiple deep scalp laceration, deeply unconscious, multiple facial lesions, facial and head contusions.”
The victim is therefore not responding to external stimuli. As a result, a Medical Superintent at the Hospital said Ibrahim’s condition is critical.
Ibrahim has therefore been referred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for further medical attention.
In recent times, the victim took to social media particularly Facebook live, to expose social issues affecting residents of Ejura.
Sources say his decision to highlight issues facing the rural folks did not go well down with some people who claim it makes the town unpopular.
Ibrahim, popularly known as Kaaka received several death threats until Saturday dawn when he had returned home from preparing for his relative’s wedding when the two assailants attacked him.
Umar said the assailants had already ambushed him in the house, knowing well he would come back late because of their conversation, usually long hours, ahead of the wedding ceremony.
When Ibrahim got home on his motorbike, he was severely attacked leading to the severe head injury.
The case has been reported to the Ejura police, but some residents are unhappy with the slowness of the investigation since they have already submitted names of suspects to the police.
They have therefore stormed the district police command demanding answers and asking the Police to speed up investigation to avoid disturbance in the town.
Police report from the Criminal Investigation Department indicates, the case was reported at 2:00am Saturday, June 26, 2021. But the security service is yet to communicate to the relatives; a situation the family is dissatisfied with.
- Ashanti NSS boss insults nurse for suggesting a change in prescription
- That is not my style – Ashanti Regional NSS boss apologises for insulting nurses
- Petrol, diesel prices to go down by 10% – IES
- Fire destroys shops at Kantamanto market
- Government still wasteful but imposes austerity on Ghanaians – Joe Jackson
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- ‘Mr and Mrs Adeleke’: Fans gush over photos of Chioma with Davido and her in-laws during 1st public appearance
- Fentuo Tahiru Fentuo: The day Kudus shone, in Jordan’s shadow
- Ex-Black Stars midfielder Sulley Muntari retires, age 38
- NSS summons Ashanti Region boss for investigation
- Lack of support continues to affect the effective management of mental health conditions –MindFreedom Ghana
- Who determines what is critical in this country? – TUC on public sector employment freeze
- 2023 Budget: Today’s debate to focus on Trade, Energy, Communications and Roads
- TUC has never supported government going to the IMF – Joshua Ansah
- Court remands trader for defrauding entrepreneurs
- Manifestivities concert to make big return on December 18
- South African delegation to understudy Ghana’s small-scale mining sector
- Marriages are collapsing due to high cost of living – Dr Ato Forson
- Forget Ashanti Regional NSS boss’ apology; it is hollow – GRNMA
- Equip hospitals in Africa for swift pandemic response – Prof. Christian Drosten
- Kantamanto fire: Interior Minister commiserates with affected traders
- Minority fumes over Ofori-Atta’s absence during debate on 2023 Budget
- Northern Development Forum questions delay in construction of Pwalugu Multipurpose Dam
- Playback: PM Express discuss employment freeze in public sector
- Shut down market operations during fire safety education – Bureau of Public Safety Boss