The government of Ghana through the National Sports Authority has confirmed newly elected Samson Deen-led National Paralympic Committee of Ghana to replace the old administration.
The ceremony was followed by an official communique to the International Paralympic Committee to officially introduce the new administration led by Samson Deen.
The Director-General of the National Sports Authority Prof. Peter Twumasi urged the Samson Deen led NPC-GHANA to work tirelessly to develop and win medals at the Upcoming Paralympics All African Games and Tokyo Games in 2020.
The Director-General on behalf of the government assured of their support and wished the NPC-GHANA well.
The President of National Paralympic Committee Mr. Samson Deen also thank government of Ghana for its support and asked for more government support to properly coordinate Paralympic sports development which will help win medals at the All African Games in Morocco and Tokyo 2020 games.
The 8 man National Paralympic Committee elected board has been given a four-term spanning till August 2, 2023, with the mandate of reviving Paralympics in Ghana.
Mr. Samson Deen replaced Bishop Cornelius Adja Cofie as the president of the National Paralympic Committee (NPC) of Ghana at an elective Congress held on July 6, 2019, at the DG Hathriamani Sports Hall of the Accra Sports Stadium to bring the old administration to an end.
The full list of Elected officials below:
1. Samson Deen -President
2. Frederick Lartey -Vice president
3. Mr. Peter Adjei- Secretary-General
4. Mr. Evans Yeboah – Treasurer
5. Mr. Philip Otuo – Executive Member
6. Mr. IBRAHIM Sani – Executive Member
7. Mr. Twum Barimah
8. Mr. Henry Kwaku Nyanteh – Executive Member.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- MASLOC supports complementary education agency in Yendi with logistics
- KGL Foundation, Ho Teaching Hospital join hands to save lives through blood donation drive
- Ukraine war: Fresh attacks on Kyiv after intense drone barrage
- Ghana Journalists Association inaugurates functional committees
- Nigeria swears in new president Bola Tinubu
- Until we receive our monies; we won’t cook – school feeding caterers
- Chelsea appoint Mauricio Pochettino as new head coach
- Strike still in force amid talks with government – JUSAG insists
- I either stay objective on Sarkodie issues or go silent – Kobby Kyei
- NPP flagbearership race: Supporters pick form for Dr Afriyie Akoto
- Yamoah Cadman wraps up 2023 NCAA-II outdoor season as All-American, other Ghanaians impress
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Ghana records 1,462 Covid-19 related deaths in three years
- Ken Addy worried live musical instruments will fade out