Presiding Prophetess of the Christ First Word Church International at Gomoa Eshiem, Ama Nkansah, who was placed on the wanted list in the case of murder of two-year-old Kwame Adobaw, has been arrested.
The 64-year-old was sent to Asikuma police station by some opinion leaders of Gomoa Ajumako.
Police at Asikuma subsequently detained the suspect to assist with investigations.
Father of the child, Paul Adobaw, was put before the Breman Asikuma Magistrate Court on Monday, May 31, and remanded into Police custody.
The court, presided over by Justice Araba Nunoo, ordered the suspect to reappear on August 31, 2021.
Mother of the deceased has also been granted bail by the police because she is nursing a three-week-old baby.
The couple says the prophetess convinced them that their child, who could neither walk nor talk, was a spirit child and had to be killed.
Narrating the incident, Abubakar Mohammed, a tenant of the couple said at midnight on Monday, May 31, Paul Adobaw, Maame Atta and the fetish priestess dug a grave and buried the two-year-old alive.
Chief of Breman Brakwa, Nana Kofi Hammed, says the community is shocked by the act of the couple and the fetish priestess. Even though they have left the suspects in the hands of the police, some rites ought to be performed, the traditional authorities say.
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Domestic Debt Exchange: Time ticks for bondholders
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- Some ministers I reshuffled are no more friends with me – Mahama
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- 1$ now ¢12.80
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- Kweku Antwi Boasiako: Etymology of husband and wife
- World Cup 2022: Brazil ‘in pain’ after exit on penalties against Croatia
- World Cup 2022: Messi the master as Argentina beat Netherlands in chaotic Qatar classic
- Newmont Ahafo Mine recognised for spearheading Agricultural Development in Ahafo
- DBG participates in AADFI CEOs FORUM for African DFIs
- Kuami Eugene, Adina, Joe Mettle, Lasmid and others to thrill fans at 2022 MTN Carols Night
- Government to set up Agricultural Development Zone in Northern Region
- Remembrance yields praises —Elder Nana Amo Tobin
- How long does it take to fall in love?
- Ghana Cedi: From worst to best performer against dollar
- COVID-19: Vulnerable populations face higher burden of morbidity and mortality – Health Minister
- George Floyd: Ex-officer J Alexander Kueng sentenced for manslaughter
- Stay away from workers’ pension funds – CWU tells government
- Canada: Quebec makes oath to King optional for politicians
- Ghana produces first locally trained Geriatrician