Parts of the Greater Accra and Central Regions have been flooded after a heavy downpour in the early hours of Saturday.
Residents in affected areas such as Accra and Kasoa were seen salvaging what was left of their properties to higher ground after flood water entered their homes.
Some commuters had also abandoned their vehicles in the moving water to save themselves while others tried to push what was left of their fast-submerging cars out of the waterway.
IS THIS YOUR ACCRA? 🤔— AYEDUASE PULISIC (@quame_age) October 10, 2020
In other suburbs, water is seen gushing down the streets ravaging any obstacle in its way.
No casualty has so far been recorded but affected residents are demanding that something is done about the drainage facilities underlying these areas.
Hmmm Accra— Beno S★rkCess 🤟🚀 (@BenopaOnyx1) October 10, 2020
Small rain from heavens and there’s a flood
Your drainage system be weak
Our prayers are with you pic.twitter.com/GLmQhomoU1
Meanwhile, social media users have been expressing their sentiments over the development.
Do we really have leaders in this country? Enough of the NPP and NDC. The Youth must rise up for what we want!!— Kweku Anansi🕷 (@kweku__anansi) October 10, 2020
This is happening in Kasoa, Greater Accra. Soo soo appalling!. pic.twitter.com/W5XW07JG0Z
So there’s this spot on the Accra – kasoa road which always collects so much water that cars are unable to move. Forcing drivers to create their own lane on the other side of the road . My issue is, authorities see this over and over anytime it rains yet do nothing about it— SUSANNA (@trigmaticrocks) October 10, 2020
Accraaaaaaaaaa. Small rain then everywhere tombrown pic.twitter.com/zevUidI8Vt— KwameChuks Chime (@c_cubeGH) October 10, 2020
If you are from Kasoa coming to Accra I think it’s better to go through Kumasi than pass Weija!— LÁZARATÔ (@poundsborga) October 10, 2020
Terrible videos of floods in parts of Accra yet again.— Mr. Slim (@ebenezer_slim) October 10, 2020
Be safe friends.🙏
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALARY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators
- Ghana’s “investment hub” agenda demands an open-minded tax administration
- Investors in government securities must be protected – Dr Adu Anane tells regulators
- Ayorkor Botchwey cuts sod for construction of Foreign Ministry annex