Some areas in Accra have flooded after a heavy rainfall on Friday, April 8.
The one-hour heavy rainfall, obstructed the flow of vehicular traffic on the Weija Barrier – West Hills Mall stretch of the Kasoa Highway, Central Business District, Sahara and Odawna, among other areas.
While many commuters parked their cars for the rain to subside, others carefully drove through the flood which covered most part of the road.
The Ghana Meteorological Agency had already predicted a thunderstorm on Friday, a few hours before the rain.
“Moderate to heavy Thunderstorm and Rain Activity detected along the coast of the Volta Region at 8:30 am is expected to affect much of the southern parts of the country in the coming hours,” the agency warned in a brief report.
Some Ghanaians have taken to social media to share the flooding situation in their areas.
No wonder is kinda cloudy in kumasi. Accra den flooding de3 e check like dem be siblings o ei— #MEETMETHERE @RidgePark 🇬🇭 (@Depy_divv) April 8, 2022
@NAkufoAddo you should be worried about this, the flood issues in Accra is really bad.— 100%KwahuBoy (@proud_blakk) April 8, 2022
|Odartey Lamptey| |Jordan Ayew| |Nana Aba| |Black Sherif| |Sarkodie| |Wizkid| |Stonebwoy| |Shatta Wale| |Liverpool| |E-Levy| |Parliament| |Lynnx| |Kwesi Arthur| |Kelyv boy| |Rest in Peacel pic.twitter.com/hn8BmaK8qj
Accra start dey flood already? Eei hmm smh 🤦♂️— Leo De-Graft✊🏿🇬🇭🇺🇸 (@1OBOUR) April 8, 2022
Just 10 minutes of heavy rain, some part of Accra don dey flood ,eiii the bola plenty dodo😩— Sheikh Senior Akon (@Seniorakon2) April 8, 2022
On a more serious note, we need to have a conversation on this Accra floods. It’s disgraceful and inhumane— Isaac Mensah 🇬🇭 (@IsaacMensah2) April 8, 2022
Every small rain will flood Accra? Ei— Akua Anansewaa™ (@a_capable_woman) April 8, 2022
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- We will no longer be paying 50 pesewas and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Wenchi Police arrest eight suspected Indian hemp smokers
- Germany arrests 25 accused of plotting coup
- United States is world’s top destination for foreign direct investment
- Debt Exchange: Government has not shown that the country is in crisis – Dr. Serebour
- COVID-19: Three institutions partner to produce ventilator
- Cutting government’s ‘afro’ to match the people’s haircut: video analysis
- Supreme Court Nominees: Appointment Committee’s report presented to Parliament
- Debt Exchange: Proposal put forward by government drastic and steep – Prof. Bokpin
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- John Kofi Owusu
- D’banj: Nigeria Afrobeats star arrested for youth fund fraud
- KNUST students develop smart farming system
- Nursing and Midwifery Council urges victims of medical negligence to report cases for redress
- Pedro Castillo: Peru’s ousted leader seen with police after impeachment
- Bondholders advised to compel government to reduce its size