A combined team of Military and police personnel has descended on Gomoa Budumburam in an operation to rid the area of criminals.
The team comprising about 400 military officers and 200 police officers, swooped down on the Central Region in the Gomoa East District, which has gained notoriety for violent crimes in recent times.
More than 100 suspected criminals were arrested in the joint operation, Adom News correspondent, Kofi Adjei reported, Thursday.
Two traffic police officers – Sergeant Michael Dzamesi and Lance Corporal Mohammed Awal – were shot and killed two weeks ago by a gang, when they were accosted after refusing to heed to a signal to stop.
This week, a sub-chief at Gomoa Akranmang, Nana Yaw Egyir, was gruesomely murdered by a mob allegedly following disagreements over a disputed land.
The early morning operation by the security team has earned high praise from the residents.
“They are very happy and commended the joint military and police team for arresting some suspected criminals who have been terrorising residents,” the reporter added.
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- AFCON 2023Q: Black Stars hold first training at Baba Yara Stadium [Photos]
- Akufo-Addo awards Emirates with Presidential Honour for Distinguished Service in fight against COVID-19
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- NYA lauds District Assembly Common Fund for role in Youth Resource Centres construction
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hint at audit
- I love listening to music more than recording – Kelvyn Boy
- Bring Mohammed Muntaka to book – NDC executives told
- Uganda Anti-Homosexuality bill: Life in prison for saying you’re gay
- Oforikrom Assembly signs MoU with Crops Research Institute to improve vegetable production
- Woman arrested for cooking after reopening of Kejetia Market
- Saudi government provides parcels to Muslims ahead of Ramadan
- African scientists urge governments to invest in appropriate regulatory mechanisms for biotech products
- NDC primaries: We need a people-centered leader in Ketu North – Edem Agbana
- Referee suspended for using spectator’s mobile phone to disallow goal
- NIB arrest some ECG IT personnel over recent prepaid vending challenges
- Vodafone cash and MobileMoney Limited partner to enable merchant interoperability