Pitso Mosimane, who is a big fan of Pep Guardiola, has eulogised the Manchester City coach referring to him as a legend but also believes Thomas Tuchel could surpass the Spaniard.
The Al Ahly coach recently won back-to-back bronze medals at the Club World Cup and has been heralded as one of the best African coaches in recent times.
For even the best in the game, they modeled the game after their predecessors and Mosimane is no different. The former Mamelodi Sundowns coach looks up to Guardiola and regards him as the best coach in the world.
“Pep is a top coach and a legend. For me, he is the number 1 coach in the world at the moment. There are many other great coaches,” the 57-year-old told Joy Sports.
After finishing third in the Club World Cup, the five-time DStv Premiership champion shared a moment with Chelsea coach Tuchel. Mosimane says he was humbled by Tuchel after the German approached him.
“I have respect for Thomas Tuchel, he humbled me in the Club World Cup when he spoke to me. I just feel Pep has won a lot more than Tuchel but with Tuchel it is a matter of time. He [Tuchel] is young and probably could pass Pep. But Pep also keeps winning so it won’t be easy”
Mosimane is looking to become the first coach to three-peat the CAF Champions League after winning it two years in a row with Al Ahly.
- Nurse who was verbally abused by Ashanti Region NSS Boss no longer at Manhyia Hospital – GRNMA
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Dubai’s ENOC denies gold-for-oil barter talks with Ghana
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Why General Arts students are ‘bleeding’ on social media
- 14 pupils receiving treatment after school bus somersaults, falls into a ditch
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Bawumia is ‘Economic Maguire’, he is scoring own goals – Adongo
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Executive Board to decide type of financing programme for Ghana – IMF
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Economist defends BoG inflation targeting regime
- Spotify Wrapped: What are Ghanaians listening to in 2022?
- AGI describes new VAT system as distortion to growth
- Ghanaian Furniture Design Company, Tekura features in Black Panther movie
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- Spotify Wrapped 2022: Burna Boy, Black Sherif are the most streamed artistes in Ghana
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- YEA partners INZAG Germany to employ over 700 artisans ￼
- Dansworld Services adjudged best Environment and Sanitation company at 2022 AGI awards