This week, several parts of Accra were submerged twice in four days. The incident happened when the rain started at midnight of Tuesday, May 24.
Some areas in the capital affected included; Kaneshie, Adabraka, Weija, Teshie, Kwame Nkrumah Circle, Dansoman, Tse Addo and Tesano.
According to government, it has spent GH₵450 million to curtail the flooding menace in the country, however, with the floods persisting, citizens are certain all that money has gone down the drain.
Also, with new developments in the Achimota Forest saga after parcels of the land were found bequeathed to beneficiaries in former Forestry Commissioner CEO’s will, civil society organisations have raised alarm over the threat of land grabbing by politicians and other public officers.
This and many more will be discussed on Newsfile today.
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Arise Ghana hits the street today to protest poor economic conditions
- 85% revenue has been lost due to E-Levy – African Network of Entrepreneurs CEO
- Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
- Social media users jubilate over E-levy flop
- Jackie Appiah’s home leaves many speechless
- Health Minister submits over 10 documents against Ato Forson in ambulance case
- ‘E-levy not a bad tax; Ghanaians just don’t want to pay taxes’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Arise Ghana appeals High Court ruling on protest
- 28 years of teaching but living on loans – Life of a teacher
10 things emotionally neglected kids grow up believing — that are simply not true
Fidelity Bank records 32% increase in Profit Before Tax
BoG elected Vice Chair of African Financial Inclusion Policy Initiative
Luv FM High School Debate: St. Hubert competes with Opoku Ware
Tear gas fired at Arise Ghana demo
Ghana Post wins International award for Best EMS Customer Care
‘We don’t fix matches at Gold Stars’ – CEO responds to match-fixing allegations
Volta Division One Middle League kicks off
MTN Group climaxes its 21 Days of Y’ello Care Campaign
‘Comparing NDC to NPP is like comparing light and darkness’ – Sam George
Mastercard and Ecobank Group partner to digitise agricultural value chains in Africa￼
Arise Ghana Demo: ‘Step down if you can’t rule Ghana anymore’ – Protesters tell Akufo-Addo
Fidelity Bank wins 5 HESS Awards
Health Minister submits over 10 documents against Ato Forson in ambulance case
A/R: Criminal activities at Meduma on the rise