Audio By Carbonatix
The details of what caused Tiger Woods' car crash will only be released if the 15-time major winner gives permission for police to share their findings.
A cause has been determined and the investigation is concluded, said Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva.
Woods, 45, needed surgery after suffering a fractured leg and shattered ankle in the crash on 23 February.
"We have the contents of the black box, everything completed, signed, sealed and delivered," said Villanueva.
"But we cannot release it without the permission of the people involved in the collision."
Woods returned to his Florida home from hospital earlier this month, saying he would work on "getting stronger every day".
The American former world number one, who was recovering from back surgery at the time of his accident, was found unconscious and with his face and chin covered in blood at the scene.
Los Angeles police said there was no evidence Woods had been impaired by drugs or alcohol at the time of the crash.
Following the crash, Villanueva said Woods survived "what would otherwise have been a fatal crash" because the interior of his vehicle had remained largely intact.
When confirming on Wednesday that the investigation had been concluded, he added: "We have reached out to Tiger Woods and his personnel and there are some privacy issues on releasing information on the investigation.
"We are going to ask them if they can waive the privacy, and then we will be able to do a full release on all the information regarding the accident."
Latest Stories
-
Police assessing Stansted Airport private flights over Epstein ties
3 hours -
Nine arrested in France over death of far-right student
3 hours -
EPA to probe seizure of over 200 suspected galamsey machines at Tema port
3 hours -
Ghana–Russia Center, Kuban Agrarian University seal deal to advance agricultural innovation
4 hours -
Mahama opens maiden Tree Crop Investment Summit, pushes value addition and jobs
4 hours -
Police recover five assault rifles after Bono shootout, one suspect killed
4 hours -
Nana B slams Special Prosecutor over presidential primaries investigations
4 hours -
The ‘Ghana Must Go’ bag of integrity: 3 police officers return GH₵85k
4 hours -
Ghana must help Burkina Faso tackle terror threat – Expert says
4 hours -
Police return GH¢85,000 found on Techiman–Kumasi highway to owner
4 hours -
NSA assures service personnel of prompt payment of outstanding allowances
4 hours -
The Wahala Playbook: A quintessential guide to burying national scandals with internet gossip
5 hours -
Burkina Faso attack: Travel advisory insufficient, urgent security measures needed – Samuel Jinapor
5 hours -
Daily Insight for CEOs: Decision-Making Speed and Quality.
6 hours -
Emmanuel Bedzrah cuts sod for 17 educational infrastructure projects in Ho West
6 hours
