Audio By Carbonatix
The Bono East Regional Police Command says it has restored calm in Kwame Danso, in the Sene West District, after a violent attack on both the District Court and the District Police Headquarters on Wednesday, December 10.
According to police officials, the disturbances began in the late morning and involved a large group of young people storming the court while proceedings were underway.
Police reports indicate that at about 10:30 a.m., an estimated 100 youths besieged the court premises, disrupting an active session.

The group vandalised furniture and equipment and forcibly took away two accused persons who were standing trial.
They also reportedly assaulted the complainant in the case. “The youth damaged items on sight and posed a threat to everyone present,” a police source said.
The violence later spread to the Kwame Danso Police Headquarters, where two officers on duty were attacked as the mob vandalised parts of the station.
Reinforcement teams from the Atebubu Division, supported by a detachment of the Formed Police Units (FPUs), were quickly deployed to restore order.
Their arrival helped stabilise the situation and disperse the crowd.
Following instructions from the Inspector-General of Police, the Kwame Danso Police Station and the District Police Headquarters have been temporarily shut down.
Officers previously stationed there have been reassigned to other parts of the region.
“This measure is to ensure the safety of personnel while investigations continue,” the Command noted.
The Bono East Regional Police Command has assured the public that all individuals involved in the attacks will be tracked down and prosecuted.
“Perpetrators will be identified, arrested, and made to face the full consequences of the law,” ASP/Mr Appiah Danquah, Acting Public Relations Officer for the region, stated.
“We remain committed to maintaining peace and protecting the community.”
Latest Stories
-
Women in Russian man videos scandal not cheap – Issifu Ali
43 seconds -
Cedi safe amid digital asset growth – BoG
9 minutes -
Photos: EPA busts 14 containers of illegal mining machines at Tema Port
14 minutes -
Harmonious Chorale to represent Africa in Poland and Sweden as it kicks off 20th-anniversary celebrations
15 minutes -
We can’t wait forever for AfCFTA – AGI demands alternative regional trade access
19 minutes -
The Drama of Cocoa politics: When farmers become puppets
19 minutes -
CSIR-BRRI advocates use of local materials in production to reduce cement prices
21 minutes -
Three miners killed in rock collapse at Gbane
43 minutes -
Awudome, Osu cemeteries not full — Managers
45 minutes -
Africa’s grand stage of honour: Why Ghana hosts POTY 2026
52 minutes -
Hillary Clinton accuses Trump administration of a ‘cover-up’ over its handling of Epstein documents
1 hour -
Project C.U.R.E begins 10-day assessment to support Ghana Medical Trust Fund’s NCD fight
1 hour -
Government assures public of stable ‘fugu’ prices amid Wednesday-wearing policy
1 hour -
Ghana on track for full-scale tomato production by year-end – Deputy Agric Minister
1 hour -
Danny Addo to host Undignified 1.0 event and album launch
1 hour
